Mr Bode Ayorinde, one of the aspirants in the just concluded governorship primaries election of the People’s Democratic Party (PDP) in Ondo State, has congratulated the winner, Mr Eyitayo Jegede.
Ayorinde, in a statement signed by his senior media aide, Olusegun Adebumiti, on Thursday in Akure, described the election as keenly contested.
The aspirant, therefore, called for unity among the contestants to ensure the party’s victory in the Oct. 10 governorship election.
“As I have always stated, only one person will emerge victorious in a contest of many aspirants.
“I, therefore, use this opportunity to congratulate Eyitayo Jegede, SAN for a well-deserved victory, wishing him greater success in the contest ahead.
“My warm greetings to other co-aspirants for a bold attempt.
“In togetherness, we can move PDP to greater heights.
“We are particularly grateful to God for His grace and mercy over us during the struggle.
“Ours is a systemic campaign throughout the build-up to the primaries and we can only be grateful to the Almighty God for a successful exercise.
“We appreciate all our supporters in this sojourn and we can only remind you all to keep the hope alive,’’ Ayorinde said.
NAN reports that Ayorinde scored 95 votes place fourth in the primaries.
Edited By: Muftau Adediran/Abdulfatah Babatunde (NAN)
- Lawyer calls for arrest of publisher for infringing right
- WHO ramps up COVID-19 support to hotspot countries in Africa
- Man, 24, bags 4-year jail term for burglary, stealing
- Osinbajo wants innovative technology suitable for courtroom
- Floods displace 150,000 in eastern South Sudan
- Court fixes Sept. 29 to rule in no-case-submission filed by El-Zazaky
- Britain to fund Northern Ireland trade declaration system
- Lagos Govt. conducts 66,000 COVID-19 sample tests
- NEMA warns of likely flooding in 28 states, 102 local governments
- Trader arraigned on alleged theft of laptop, cell phones