Coalition 2020, a non-political group in Ondo State, has vowed to support any candidate who is ready to be a servant leader and not a ruler in the forthcoming governorship election in the state.
Akin Akinbobola, Chairman of the Coalition, said this on Monday in Akure while speaking with journalists on the Oct. 10 governorship election.
He said that Coalition 2020 comprised of representatives of 37 registered political parties, transport workers unions, market women, artisans, labour unions, professional associations and other relevant groups across the state.
Akinbobola explained that all the governorship candidates would be subjected to scrutiny with a view to identifying those ready to serve and bring good governance to the state.
According to him, the coalition has the sole aim of seeing to what can be done to bring about real change to enhance dividends of democracy in the state.
“All those that are contesting must be ready to interface with Ondo State people. We need a governor that will respect people by carrying them along and those who will see power in people, and not for themselves.
“We must not fall victim of deceit. People must not take us for a ride, and they have to serve us.
“The bottom line is that we need a servant and not a ruler for the state.
“At the moment, Coalition 2020 has no candidate. We remain neutral and unbiased until the scrutiny of all the candidates is done,” he said.
Akinbobola said that people of the state needed a governor that would take them to the real next level so that the people could feel good governance.
NAN reports that other leaders of the coalition present included Chief Samson Obanibi, Publicity Secretary, Sikiru Adetona, Secretary and Mrs Nifemi Aregbesola, governorship candidate for All Grassroots Alliance.
Edited By: Muftau Adediran/Wale Ojetimi (NAN)
- COVID 19: IFAD begins distribution of PPEs to Taraba farmers
- By-election: INEC chairman inspects election materials in Nasarawa
- Osun Speaker lauds Gov. Oyetola for move to reconstruct Atakumosa burnt market
- School reopening : Ban visits by public to schools ; proprietor advises management
- Lagos Govt reduces Land Use Charge by 48%, waives N5.8bn penalties
- COVID-19: Sweden’s GDP falls by record 8.6% in second quarter
- Edo election to be determined by integrity, reliability of contestants – Wike
- Pandemic precautions slow down voting in Sri Lanka parliamentary poll
- Man falls off vehicle, dies in Anambra accident
- Imo lawmaker petitions IG over alleged threat to life, wants urgent investigation