OPEC’s Secretary General Mohammad Barkindo said on Wednesday he is confident that the U.S. and China would reach a trade deal and that it would remove a “dark cloud” over the oil market.
It is premature to discuss the December OPEC+ decision and it is too early to say if further output cuts would be needed, Barkindo told reporters on the sidelines of an industry event in Abu Dhabi.
Organisation of Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) and its non-OPEC partners need to continue working together to weather uncertainties and are committed to doing so, he said.
Edited by Abdullahi Mohammed/Sadiya Hamza
- Shooting prompts Trump’s evacuation from White House briefing room
- Collection of forms for 774,000 Special Public Works commences in Rivers
- Lawmaker commends Buhari, Diri over Oloibiri Museum, appeals for befitting access road
- Pay 4 years pension arrears, gratuities, pensioners beg Wike
- Police arrest 27 armed robbery, Kidnapping suspects in Nasarawa
- Wike seeks Assembly’s approval for N18bn loan
- COVID-19: FG directs civil servants on levels 12, 13 to resume work
- Obaseki seeks traditional ruler’s blessing ahead of Sept. 19 election
- Kano Govt establishes 3 more schools for Almajiri children
- United States decries Russia’s decree targeting VOA, others