A health related NGO, Toilet Kulture, on Thursday urged stakeholders to collaborate with the Federal Government for effective sensitisation on effect of open defaecation in Nigeria.
Mrs Elsie Ozika, Executive Director of the organisation, made the plea in an interview with the Nigeria News Agency in Abuja.
Ozika said that effective collaboration with all levels of governments by relevant stakeholders, would help to eradicate open defaecation in the country.
“I am calling on all the Civil Society Organisations, NGOs, international and national organisations and able Nigerians, to join hands with the government to say ‘No to Open Defecation’.
“Government cannot do it alone; we should support our government to ensure that we have decent and clean environment.
“When our environment is polluted, it can cause diseases and can affect our economy, because foreign investors would not want to invest in our country, ” she said.
Ozika said that the organisation had carried the campaigns to some schools in the FCT.
She said that the organisation had visited University of Abuja and one of the private schools in Gudu area.
“We carried on our sensitisation campaign to the schools, telling them the importance of using decent toilet and the implication of open defaecation.
“We also tell them that they should ensure that their toilet facilities are maintained, because it is good to have toilets and important to maintain them.
“We discovered that the university has toilets, but not enough for the students.
“We, hereby ask the government and other stakeholders to support the school by constructing more toilets.
“The organisation is planning to visit Jabi Park, Markets and schools to ensure that the general public adhere to our message on the dangers of open defaecation,” she said.
Ozika said that the organisation’s objective was to promote a culture of excellent and ensuring human dignity.
- Zamfara killings: Gov. Matawalle cancels planned trip to Germany
- 265 Enugu residents benefit from Nigerian Army medical outreach
- 2020 Olympics Qualifiers: D’Tigress lands in Pot 3
- Dubai urges African countries to rejig customs service
- Court to rule on Faisal Maina’s bail application Nov. 29
- 6 migrants found dead on Libyan shoreline, UN agency says
- Trump says ‘I want a trial,’ brushes off worries on impeachment
- Expert calls for establishment of specialised bank for healthcare industry
- 18 ships arrive Lagos ports, discharge petroleum products, food items
- NIPR inducts Delta Commissioner, 144 others as members in Asaba
- Court again adjourns arraignment of 57 for alleged Homosexuality
- Market liquidity: SEC engages PENCOM, AMCON on Securities Lending
- Appeal Court Judgment: Tambuwal dedicates victory to God
- College drags ex-student to court over alleged defamation
- Pope says technology, globalisation endanger youth individuality
- Army war college graduates 66 officers in course 3
- Entire world waiting on Africa for creative tourism – tourism development expert
- Reps C’ttee lauds Adebayo
- Anambra FRSC begins night patrol, arrests 15 trucks for alleged overloading
- Anambra: FRSC commences night patrol, arrests 15 trucks, buses for overloading, extra light
- Yuletide: Fashola tasks stakeholders, housing controllers on results
- Prompt response from Navy Fire Unit saves lives, properties
- FRSC tightens noose on corrupt personnel
- Kogi election: Coalition urges INEC to create more polling units
- Kebbi Govt. sets up health committee to humanitarian crisis
- Igboeze South LG spends N250m to construct 1.5km road, others
- Customers express concerns on implementation of e-bills by Ikeja Electric
- DMO puts Nigeria’s debt profile at N25.7 trn
- 34 Ijegun residents benefit free medical surgeries, 350 from eye screening
- Zidane defends Bale after flag criticism
- Insecurity: Ex-Police I-G Abubakar calls for synergy between security agencies
- Buhari receives NIPSS Report on Universal Healthcare, pledges action
- 2 protesters killed, 25 injured in Baghdad unrest
- Banky W announce return to music with new album in 2020
- Liverpool manager Klopp sweating on Salah fitness ahead of Palace trip
- Navy hands over smuggled rice, vegetable oil to customs
- Market closure: We lost over N500m, Kaduna traders cry out
- China reiterates commitment to cultural relations with Nigeria
- NPC begins 2019 VASA survey in Gombe, solicits stakeholders’ support
- Wellness expert advises Nigerians on healthy lifestyle to reduce stress
- Hong Kong mask ban temporarily returns as court reviews law
- 1072 persons benefits from Foundation’s free eye care in Edo
- 2 car dealers docked over alleged N800, 000 fraud
- Pope Francis urges Catholics to promote faith in Buddhist Thailand
- Polio immunisation: Kano targets over 3m children -Commissioner
- Man in court for allegedly stealing snail, bitter cola
- NGO trains 50 litreracy facilitators in Ebonyi
- Traditional ruler appeals to FG to accord priority to roads across Nigeria
- Agege council to build artistes’ village to engage talented youths
- Yuletide: Enugu CP urges synergy among security agencies