Vice President Yemi Osinbajo on Thursday presided over a virtual meeting of the National Economic Council (NEC) at the Presidential Villa, Abuja.
The meeting anchored from the Yellow Room, Office of the Vice President, was the second virtual meeting as the nation strives to contain the spread of the COVID-19 pandemic.
The Minister of Finance featured at the meeting while the governors joined the virtual NEC from their states.
The Vice President, constitutionally, is the chairman of NEC which meets monthly to deliberate on the coordination of economic planning and programmes of various levels of government.
NEC comprises the 36 state governors, Governor of Central Bank of Nigeria, Minister of Finance, Head of the Civil Service of the Federation, Secretary to the Government of the Federation and other relevant government officials whose duties hinged on the economy.
Edited By: Ismail Abdulaziz (NAN)
- How 16 people perish on Badagry waterways — Survivor
- Gov. Masari bans NGOs from IDPs camps
- My mission is to ensure businesses thrive in Eastern Ports – CP
- Akintola family appreciates Buhari for naming Railway Station after their patriarch
- COVID-19: Aviation stakeholders want ground handling coys to consider price adjustments
- Buhari vows to restore peace in North-East, others
- Gov. Matawalle swears in 15 new Special Advisers
- Resumption: Kogi Govt. satisfied with schools’ compliance with COVID-19 protocols
- Salaries: NLC issues one week ultimatum to Bauchi State Government
- Sanwo-Olu congratulates Sen. Adeola at 51