Osun Assembly commends level of work done on Ilesha Water Project
Ilesha (Osun) May, 9,2019 The Osun House of Assembly Committee on Water Resources has commended the quality and level of work done at the site of the onging Ilesha Water Project in the state.
The Chairman of the committee, Mr Debo Akanbi gave this commendation after his committee paid an inspection visit to the water project site on Thursday.
He said, with what the lawmakers had seen on ground at the site, they were impressed, and believe that the project would be completed by 2020 and water would be supplied to people in Ilesha and its environments.
He, however, used the opportunity of the visit to equally plead with the people of Ilesa to remain calm and be patient, that the water project would soon be completed.
“I am appealing with our people of Ilesha that they should be little patient with the state government to see to completion of the good project.”
He added that the new water supply system that would be adopted, after the completion of the project, would be a metered system, so people would pay for supplies made by the water corporation.
The Senior Consultant handling the project, Mrs Tawakalitu Willams, in her early address told the lawmakers that the projected would be completed by December 2020.
According to Williams “by the special grace of God, by the end of 2020, water must flow in Ilesha because necessary things had been put on ground for its execution.
” As at now, 16 kilometers of pipes had been laid and we have high level areas to accommodate our tanks for flowing conveniences.” she said
Aregbesola then said major part of the money for the project, which is $65 million (N23 billion), had been sourced from the Islamic Development Bank (IDB) in Saudi Arabia, and that the money (which is a loan) had a repayment period of 25 years.
He said three reservoirs of ten cubic meters, with capacity of producing 60 million litres per day would be constructed, by the time the water project is completed
- NIDCOM boss applauds Nigerian martial artist, Usman for retaining UFC title
- Sokoto Govt. disburses N6.5m for free treatment of needy patients
- NNPC declares N5.20b trading surplus in August
- Don tasks Journalists on strict adherence to ethics
- IPCR wins 2019 Human Rights Award
- AC Milan do everything but score in extraordinary 0-0 draw
- Why Bank of Agriculture is still in distress-Minister
- Restrictions of Keke Napep, most difficult decision -FCT minister
- Wolfsburg stun Gladbach with stoppage-time winner
- Brace for record-setting Ronaldo as Juventus beat Udinese
- 2019/2020 NPFL Match Day 8 Results
- Cleric cautions against taking God’s blessings for granted
- Border closure not breaching free trade agreement, FG says
- Expert wants establishment of mini grid system to address power supply challenges
- ¬ Ondo Assembly condoles with Mimiko over mother’s death
- Cleric tasks churches on security measures to check attacks
- Greater Lagos 2020 festival begins Dec. 25 – LASG
- Klopp says VAR has changed his touchline behaviour
- Patronise our national parks during the Yuletide — Conservator-General urges
- Osaka picks Belgian Fissette as new coach
- Buhari rejoices with ex-Gov. Ajimobi at 70
- Draws decided for FCT football league second round
- Sen. Tofowomo condoles with Mimiko over mother’s death
- Sanwo-Olu’s aides decry low production of coconuts in Badagry
- Support your husbands in securing Nigerians, Oyo CP urges POWA members
- Yuletide: Ex-Senate President Mark urges prayers for peace, progress
- Yuletide: Cleric cautions transporters against hiking transport fare
- Gov. Bello inaugurates N500m World Bank community micro projects in Kogi
- Impounded trucks: Iponri Police Station authorities adamant on illegal parking
- Emirate Council dismisses 2 District Heads for disloyalty in Kano state
- U.S-based Nigerian musician involved in accident to undergo another surgery
- Catholic Bishop of Lafia tasks Nigerians on God’s grace
- FMN to invest N34bn in host community development
- Suspension: Turkish Airlines pledges to freight leftover passengers baggage before Dec. 17
- Six DisCos may evade NERC’s sanction after complying with remittance directive
- Music Review: Reekado Banks puts out unimpressive remix to hit song, ‘Rora’
- Kano State Govt. names Kofar Mata flyover after Sheikh Qaribullah Nasiru Kabara
- Experts predict massive growth for Nigerian board game industry
- NAN BoxOffice Review: ‘Your Excellency’ is a bunch of Instagram skits, not a movie
- Taskforce set to remove illegal structures in Lekki from Dec. 21
- Gov. Ganduje promises to continue working for development of Kano state
- Catholic cleric preaches act of giving
- Niger urges residents to take ownership of urban policy
- Be mindful of who to engage as domestic personnel, ex-Police Affairs Minister cautions
- Okuomose, Otuadinma win at Best of the Best Taekwondo Championship
- Arsenal’s Tierney to undergo shoulder surgery, out for 3 months
- Club World Cup: Monterrey to face Liverpool after beating Al Sadd
- Runsewe commends NCAA over initial suspension of Turkish Airline
- FRSC Edo Sector gets new Commander
- Group tasks leaders, Nigerians on time consciousness