Osun government has commiserated with Gov. Rotimi Akeredolu of Ondo State over the death of the state Commissioner for Health, Dr Wahab Adegbenro.
A statement by Mrs Funke Egbemode, the State Commissioner For Information and Orientation, in Osogbo on Friday, described Adegbenro’s death as unfortunate.
Egbemode said the late Adegbenro, as the Health Commissioner and Chairman of Inter-ministerial Committee on COVID-19 in the state, was undoubtedly a critical frontliner in the fight against the virus.
“His demise is a great loss to Ondo State.
“It is on record that until his demise, Dr Adegbenro proved himself as a distinguished medical professional, who dutifully served the people of Ondo State.
“The Osun government commiserates with Gov. Akeredolu and people of Ondo for the death of Adegbenro whose role in the government is critical to the health emergency that the state and the nation at large are dealing with at this time.
“Government also sympathises with the entire family of the deceased. May God grant them the fortitude to bear the loss,” the statement read.
The late Adegbenro died on Thursday at the age of 65.
Edited By: Olawunmi Ashafa/Oluwole Sogunle (NAN)
- Tanker drivers start strike Monday as talks with LASG end in deadlock
- NCDC confirms 437 new COVID-19 case, total of infection hits 46,577
- Apapa will open to traffic in October — LASG
- Halep to decide on United States Open after Prague event
- Gov. Fayemi mourns ex-Ekiti lawmaker, Fakiyesi
- Vettel says Ferrari messed up with nonsensical strategy
- Ekiti Govt paying lip service to healthcare delivery, say striking doctors
- Resumption: Academy wants COVID-19 protocol funds released directly to schools
- Willian confirms exit from Chelsea after 7 years
- Anglican Bishop urges govts to save SMEs from collapse