The Osun government says it has rehabilitated 100 primary health care centres towards ensuring qualitative health delivery across the state.
Addressing a news conference on Wednesday in Osogbo, Dr Rafiu Isamotu and Mr Remi Omowaye, who are member of State’s Committee on Health, said the inauguration of the rehabilitated PHCs would commenced on Sept. 13.
Isamotu said the government was aiming at rehabilitation of 332 PHCs and 57 secondary health care centres.
He said Gov. Gboyega Oyetola on assumption of office, embarked on revitalisation of the PHCs to make health care accessible for people at the grassroots.
Isamotu said there was no longer need for residents of the state struggling to access health care at the general hospitals, adding that drugs have been made available in all the PHCs with adequate equipment.
“We have equipped all the hospitals in line with the best standard of the World Health Organisation (WHO).
“We are not focusing on the PHCs only, rehabilitation of 57 secondary health care centres is ongoing.
Speaking on the availability of personnel, Isamotu disclosed that arrangements had been concluded to ensure that none of the hospitals lack adequate personnel.
“Issue of personnel had been addressed and is awaiting approval of the governor.
“We want to make sure that all doctors and consultants are duly engaged. Every Doctor employed by government will work.
On his part, Omowaye said that the health insurance scheme was not left out in the process, noting that huge amount has been committed to the scheme.
Edited by Felix Ajide
- U.S. firms dominate global sales of military equipment, services – Report
- Wild weather in New Zealand leaves 1,000 tourists stranded
- Saudi Arabia pledges more humanitarian support to Nigeria
- APC wins all 16 Chairmanship seats in Ekiti council poll
- Wike approves enrolment of more pensioners on payroll
- AFN: Shehu-Gusau vows to unravel corrupt practices
- Yoruba leaders want govt. to tackle unemployment
- Ekiti poll: Fayemi tasks police on killing
- Kwara lawmaker commends Lai Mohammed for uniting Igbomina people
- NPFL: Abia’s haul gives Sunshine maximum three points
- Osun United FC 0-3 loss to 3SC, a lesson- Omokaro
- Ibadan chief seeks investment in sports, donates $3,000 to 3SC
- Ganduje restates commitment to human rights protection
- Lack of labour-saving technology affecting women farmers’ health –SWOFON
- Nigeria qualifies for 2020 World Ultra Runners Championship
- CAF Cup: Enyimba defeats FC San Pedro, Morocco 1-0 to move to second position in Group B
- Get something doing, don’t be fulll time housewives, NGO tells women
- IPPIS: ASUU South East insists it will erode university autonomy
- Babcock varsity cardiac centre performs 300 open heart surgeries — VC
- NiMet predicts hazy, thundery weather conditions on Monday
- Air traffic engineers wants FG to invest more on cyber security
- Lagos Assembly will not repeal ex-govs’ pension law — Spokesperson
- PDP sweeps Adamawa LG election
- Empowering women means mobilising society for economic dev’t, says IHVN official
- Allow judiciary to operate freely, Archbishop Martins urges President Buhari
- Anglican communion bans brochure, `asoebi’ uniform during burials
- Nasarawa Govt. spends over N240m monthly to subsidise health services at specialist hospital- CMD
- ASUU in South East rejects IPPIS, says it will erode university autonomy
- Buhari pays tribute to Sarkin Malamai Gombe, Wabili
- Dabiri-Erewa hails Anthony Joshua’s boxing victory
- Bayelsa guber: Accept defeat, stop heating up polity, APC advises Gov. Dickson
- Thanksgiving: Cleric urges politicians to shun greed
- Foundation distributes 400 footwears to vulnerable children in Kaduna
- Jos consumers urge Plateau Govt. to check re-bagging of local rice
- Association urges SSCOE management to address viral hate speech by lecturer
- Akeredolu appoints three new aides
- Illegal operation: Lagos Govt. seals 24 pharmacies, patent medicine stores
- Association appeals to Enugu govt. for regular payment of pension, gratuity of teachers
- 2020 budget: Reps minority caucus promises to monitor implementation
- Cassava production: Scientists meet in Tanzania to review progress
- Don calls for service to Allah, as OAU MSSN inaugurates new executives
- FGGC Yola old girls pass vote of confidence on Saromi
- NAF partners US DOD to enhance medical, casualty evacuation capabilities
- 19-year-old Yahoo boy sets girlfriend ablaze over lover
- Foundation distributes 400 footwears to vulnerable children in Kaduna.
- Presidency dismisses insinuations over Sowore’s arrest, says Nigerians deserve peace
- Lagos Govt to launch App on annual cultural events
- Osinbajo to speak at UAE peace forum
- Adamawa APC rejects LG election results
- Restriction of Journalists covering Imo assembly activities, a dangerous precedent—Union