The Osun government says it has recorded 11 new coronavirus cases in the state, barely 24 hours after it confirmed 21 cases.
Dr Rafiu Isamotu, the State’s Commissioner for Health, in a statement in Osogbo on Wednesday, said four patients were also discharged from the isolation band treatment centre after they tested negative to the virus.
Isamotu said the new confirmed cases were contacts of those who had previously contracted the virus in the state.
The commissioner said with the new cases recorded, the number of confirmed cases in the state had risen to 210 with 115 active cases.
Isamotu said 88 patients had successfully been treated and discharged with seven deaths recorded so far.
He appealed to residents of the state to always observe all the precautionary measures laid down by the state to contain the spread of the virus.
Edited By: Emmanuel Okara/Oluwole Sogunle (NAN)
- FC Barcelona’s Umtiti tests positive for COVID-19
- Bauchi Gov. condoles family of murdered lawmaker, Mante
- Football united behind Infantino, FIFA general secretary says
- Council approves health care provision fund guideline
- Labour ministry denies complicity in human trafficking
- UN ‘strongly condemns’ rights abuses in Cameroon
- Tourism operators reveal Top 10 romantic destinations for honeymoon in Nigeria
- DG NTA lauds Lalong for peace efforts in Plateau
- Post COVID-19: Ministry holds public enlightenment on legal metrology
- Expert call for adequate funding to promote research on stem cell transplant