Osun has recorded 17 fresh coronavirus cases, bringing the total number of infections in the state to 263.
Dr Rafiu Isamotu, the state’s Commissioner For Health, in a statement in Osogbo, said 11 patients were also discharged from isolation centre in the state after recovering from the disease.
Isamotu said the new cases were contacts of the previous patients in the state.
The Commissioner appealed to residents to always observe all the precautionary measures laid down against the spread of the virus.
Isamotu said with the new cases, the number of confirmed cases in the state had risen to 263 with 135 active cases.
He said the state had successfully treated and discharged 121 patients with seven deaths recorded so far.
Edited By: Chidinma Agu/Ali Baba-Inuwa (NAN)
- Man docked over alleged N2.4m land fraud
- COVID-19 mortality cases rise to 200 in Lagos
- Gov. AbdulRazaq congratulates Olofa at 57
- Police arraign man over alleged injury on woman during party meeting
- Italian bank becomes Atalanta sponsor after UBI take-over
- FRSC arrests 26 drivers over unlatched containers in Lagos, Ogun
- Czech Republic flat blaze being investigated as murder
- Banditry: Gov. Masari advocates re-introduction of village security council
- NIS arrests irregular Cameroonian migrant in C/River
- Atletico Madrid resume training as rest of squad test negative for COVID-19