Osun has recorded 18 new coronavirus cases, bringing the total number of the infections in the state to 281.
Dr Rafiu Isamotu, the State’s Commissioner For Health, in a statement on Wednesday in Osogbo said 13 patients were also discharged from the state’s isolation centre.
Isamotu said the new cases were contacts of previous confirmed cases in the state.
The Commissioner said with the fresh cases, the number of confirmed cases in the state was 281 with 140 active cases.
He said the state had successfully treated and discharged 134 patients, while seven deaths were recorded.
Isamotu appealed to residents of the state to always observe all the precautionary measures laid down by the state against the spread of the virus.
Edited By: Tayo Ikujuni/Ali Baba-Inuwa (NAN)
- Shooting prompts Trump’s evacuation from White House briefing room
- Collection of forms for 774,000 Special Public Works commences in Rivers
- Lawmaker commends Buhari, Diri over Oloibiri Museum, appeals for befitting access road
- Pay 4 years pension arrears, gratuities, pensioners beg Wike
- Police arrest 27 armed robbery, Kidnapping suspects in Nasarawa
- Wike seeks Assembly’s approval for N18bn loan
- COVID-19: FG directs civil servants on levels 12, 13 to resume work
- Obaseki seeks traditional ruler’s blessing ahead of Sept. 19 election
- Kano Govt establishes 3 more schools for Almajiri children
- United States decries Russia’s decree targeting VOA, others