The Osun Government says it has recorded 21 new cases of Coronavirus (COVID-19), bringing the total number of confirmed cases in the state to 199.
Dr Rafiu Isamotu, the state Commissioner for Health, in a statement on Tuesday in Osogbo, said the new cases were contacts of previous confirmed ones.
Isamotu said that with the new ones, the number of confirmed cases in the state had risen to 199 with 108 active cases.
“With the latest cases of the virus, the number of confirmed cases in the state has risen to 199 with 108 active cases.
“The state has successfully treated and discharged 84 patients with seven deaths recorded,” Isamotu said.
The commissioner appealed to residents to always observe all the precautionary measures by the government against the spread of the virus.
Edited By: Chinyere Bassey/Muhammad Suleiman Tola (NAN)
- Tanker drivers start strike Monday as talks with LASG end in deadlock
- NCDC confirms 437 new COVID-19 case, total of infection hits 46,577
- Apapa will open to traffic in October — LASG
- Halep to decide on United States Open after Prague event
- Gov. Fayemi mourns ex-Ekiti lawmaker, Fakiyesi
- Vettel says Ferrari messed up with nonsensical strategy
- Ekiti Govt paying lip service to healthcare delivery, say striking doctors
- Resumption: Academy wants COVID-19 protocol funds released directly to schools
- Willian confirms exit from Chelsea after 7 years
- Anglican Bishop urges govts to save SMEs from collapse