Mr Wole Oyebamiji, Secretary to Osun State Government (SSG), who was earlier tested positive to Coronavirus, has recovered from the virus.
Dr Rafiu Isamotu, the state Commissioner for Health, said in a statement in Osogbo on Saturday that the SSG and 21 other patients had also tested negative to the virus.
The News Agency of Nigeria reports that the state commissioner for health had on July 1 announced that the SSG and some of his staff had tested positive to the virus.
The commissioner said that the test conducted on the SSG on Friday after days of treatment returned negative.
He also noted that some of the staff of the SSG, who had previously tested positive to the virus, were among those that tested negative.
Isamotu said that 23 fresh cases of the virus were also recorded in the state, adding that they were contacts from previous confirmed cases in the state.
The commissioner, however, appealed to residents of the state to always observe all the precautionary measures laid down by the state against the spread of the virus.
Isamotu said that with the new fresh cases, the number of confirmed cases in the state had risen to 233 with 116 active cases.
He noted that 110 patients had been successfully treated and discharged with seven deaths recorded so far.
Edited By: Edwin Nwachukwu/Wale Ojetimi (NAN)
- Pay 4 years pension arrears, gratuities, pensioners beg Wike
- Police arrest 27 armed robbery, Kidnapping suspects in Nasarawa
- Wike seeks Assembly’s approval for N18bn loan
- COVID-19: FG directs civil servants on levels 12, 13 to resume work
- Obaseki seeks traditional ruler’s blessing ahead of Sept. 19 election
- Kano Govt establishes 3 more schools for Almajiri children
- United States decries Russia’s decree targeting VOA, others
- COVID-19: FG warns as recorded deaths approach 1,000
- Minister task agencies on research patents
- Police vows to bring killers of Gov. Obiano’s aide to book