The newly promoted and outgoing Commissioner for Police in Edo, Abubakar DanMallam, has tasked security agencies on proficiency in tackling insecurity in the state.
DanMallam gave the advice on Saturday in Benin during a send-off ceremony organised for him by the state command.
He said that Edo was a strategic state as it was a gateway to various states and geopolitical zones in the country.
He added that in view of this criminals in the state were highly sophisticated, and therefore tasked security agencies as well as officers and men of the command to be alert to their responsibilities.
He also advised the officers and men of the Edo command to maintain the already established legacies of an environment devoid of insecurity.
While attributing his successes to robust synergy with security agencies and police/public relationship, he sued for more support and cooperation.
DanMallam, however, said that the major challenge on his assumption of office in the state was cultism, armed robbery and kidnapping, adding that these had been reduced to its barest minimum.
Earlier in his opening remarks, Brig.-Gen. Greg Omorogbe, Commander 4 Brigade and chairman of the occasion, commended the leadership style of the outgoing CP.
Omoregbe said that the CP’s promotion to an Assistant Iinspector General was an eloquent testimony of his hard work and contributions to peace in Edo.
“I have no doubt that his comradeship and espirit de Corps would be missed,” he said.
Gov. Godwin Obaseki in his remarks said described the outgoing CP as ” humility personified “.
Obaseki, represented by Mrs Julie Olatunji, Permanent Secretary, Cabinet office, said that the outgoing CP was a man who knows his job and does not pay lip service to issues.
“He contributed his wealth of knowledge to our security architecture and also the synergy among security agencies in the state today,” he said.
Nigeria News Agency reports that DanMallam was among the 14 Commissioners of Police promoted to the rank of Assistant Inspector General (AIG) in October and redeployed a fortnight ago.
He is to return to Louis Edet House as the AIG in charge of SPU.
Edited by Ismail Abdulaziz
- Practitioners that violate CRFFN Act risk expulsion, says governing council
- Education, powerful tool for driving growth, human devt.–Oyebode
- Alleged pension scam: How Maina illegally acquired property in son’s name–EFCC witness
- YouTube updates harassment policy to ban implicit threats, insults
- HMD Global launches new devices to enhance creativity, excitement for users
- No ‘dark Christmas’: S African leader promises action over power cuts
- Nigerian reseacher flays promotion of bone marrow transplant for HIV/AIDS cure
- INEC tasks stakeholders on free, fair elections
- Commission issues Certificates of Return to 16 LG chairmen in Ekiti
- NIS rolls out enhanced E-passport in Lagos
- World Pensioners’ Day: Adamawa pensioners demand fair treatment by politicians
- NSE indices record first gain in December, up 0.19%
- NCAT begins training in Drones operation
- Kwara community donates N3m office, motorcycle to NSCDC
- Defence equipment: Buratai wants Chinese firms to establish production line in Nigeria
- How to end insecurity–Gov. Oyetola
- Pension scam: Maina’s sister, Fatima, distance self from coys, bank accounts linked to her
- Cleric advises Christians to imbibe Jesus Christ virtues as they celebrate Christmas
- Reps to intervene in planned strike by NUEE
- FEC approves N307.5m for NAFDAC operational vehicles
- Electricity workers shutdown IE, EKEDC offices
- Rape: Oxfam seeks specialised training for police, legal practitioners
- PDP releases timetable for Edo municipal, state congresses
- Group calls for multi-stakeholders’ collaboration to tackle cultism
- Don’t treat cases of abuse with silence, Kwara First Lady urges Nigerians
- EFCC recovers various monies, secures 42 convictions in Abuja zone
- 80 per cent financial inclusion target achievable — Akinwuntan
- NDLEA seizes psychotropic substances during ‘mop-up’ in Ebonyi
- EU climate plan unveiled, kicking off ‘journey’ to zero carbon goal
- Alleged fraud, illegal arms possession: Judge’s absence stalls Dasuki’s trial
- Sustain tempo of security operations, Senate committee urges DHQ
- GOC says Nigerian Army committed to health, welfare of troops
- Algerians continue protests to demand Thursday’s presidential polls cancelled
- CJN advocates teaching of Sharia law in Arabic language
- Pension scam: Maina’s sister, Fatima, distance self from companies, bank accounts linked to her
- Unemployment rate worries Senate
- NACCIMA president urges Nigerians to promote local products
- 50 UNN lecturers to withdraw their IPPIS enrollment — ASUU Chairman
- Yelutide: Muslim woman donates Christmas tree to Kaduna CAN chairman
- Italy’s Constitutional Court elects first female president
- Nasarawa Govt. committed to quality health care delivery – Commissioner
- IGP urges women police officers to sustain professional excellence
- KIF empowers 331 graduates, to construct classrooms in Kaduna
- Equatorial Guinea president to visit refugee settlement in Uganda
- Cash Transfer Programme boosts annti-corruption fight –Group
- Nasarawa Assembly urges citizens to patronise locally-made goods
- VSF launches empowerment programme for 3,000 households in Northeast
- Uganda launches 2nd phase of cholera vaccination
- 31 sentenced to 6 months imprisonment each for violating Oyo environmental law
- APC forum demands board members appointment