Cecilia Mueller said in Budapest on Thursday that five older people had died of COVID-19, the sometimes deadly lung disease caused by the virus.
“Those infected include residents and carers working at the home,’’ she noted, without providing further details.
Hungary has registered 980 cases of the coronavirus infection and 66 deaths, while 96 people are reported to have recovered from the illness.
Edited By: Abiodun Oluleye/ Ejike Obeta
- Australian court orders release of letters to Britain’s Queen Elizabeth surrounding PM sacking
- NHRC urges Northern Governors to come up with programme for Almajiri
- Stop playing politics with insecurity in Sokoto – Tambuwal’s aide
- Gov. Bello exemplified good leadership in Niger -CPS
- Police arrest 251 illegal miners in Zamfara
- Rice production hits 35m bags per annum -FG
- Monkeys steal coronavirus blood samples in India
- COVID-19 progress report ‘ll determine 2020 Agoma Taekwondo Championships– Sponsor
- India’s GDP growth slows to 11-year low of 4.2 percent in 2019-20
- COVID-19 death toll in Netherlands up to 5,931
- Post-Coronavirus, Africa’s Manufacturing Moment – By Muhammadu Buhari
- Myanmar’s airport extends restriction on operation of international air services to mid-June
- Veterinary council tasks AMAC on monthly decontamination of livestock markets, abattoirs
- Austria to loosen face-mask requirement, scrap table-size limit in bars
- BiH’s Celik Zenica football club resumes training
- Yemen confirms 5 new COVID-19 cases, 283 in total
- Rep intervenes in feud between contractor, communities over road project
- Canada’s GDP sees worst showing in Q1 since 2009 due to COVID-19 pandemic
- Singapore-China to open essential travel corridor in early June
- Kuwait records 25,184 COVID-19 cases, 194 deaths