No fewer than 802 police officers drawn from squads, departments and divisions of Enugu State Police Command took part in a fitness exercise in Enugu metropolis on Saturday.
Speaking to NAN after the exercise, the State’s Commissioner of Police, Mr Suleiman Balarabe, said that the police would continue to use sports to create partnership with sister security agencies.
Balarabe, who was represented by the Command’s Sports Officer, SP Ebere Amaraizu, said that the exercise had been veritable opportunity for personnel of various security agencies to interact and understand each other.
He noted that the synergy among security agencies had been able to bring crime to its barest minimum in the state as well as “made Enugu State the safest in the country.”
According to him, we are currently partnering at security duty levels, where we are already doing joint patrols.
“The Nigeria Police will also make sure that apart from this monthly exercise session, sister security agencies will be carried along in other sports and social functions of the command,” he said.
Speaking, one of the participant, Mr Justin Agu, said that the exercise had helped to improve relationship between the police and other security agencies, especially the NSCDC in the state.
Agu, who is a Superintendent, Nigeria Security and Civil Defense Corps (NSCDC), said, “it is better we work in synergy to easily achieve our common purpose, which is to ensure the protection of lives and property.”
NAN reports that the exercise started at the police command headquarters with warm-up exercises.
The participants then turned at CIC Road and later terminated at their starting point, which is the police command headquarters, for warm-down exercises.
- Bayelsa Poll: NGO decries tense political atmosphere, sues for restraint
- Adamawa government sacks polytechnic staff
- Bishop commends Gov. El-Rufai for stopping demolition of 110-year-old Church
- Trump open to deal with democrats over Obama’s DACA programme
- Minister tasks Defence Attachés on new security challenges
- 25th Anniversary: Sweet Sensation will improve on ‘Feeding the Hungry’ programme, says MD
- NYSC appeals to Kano State Govt over dilapidated orientation camp road
- Police Commission deploys 45 monitors for Kogi, Bayelsa elections
- Russia, Somalia recommit to jointly combating terrorism – Foreign ministry
- Gombe assembly impeaches deputy speaker
- CONMESS: COOUTH doctors have no need to embark on strike — Anambra Govt
- Fire guts a section of Niger Government House
- Ogun : Road traffic crashes claim 301 lives in 10 months – FRSC
- Rivers: Youth Leader wants probe of 28 NDDC contracts abandoned in Andoni LGA
- Regular training remains critical to Nigerian Army’s constitutional role–Buratai
- Senate appeals to FG to ban importation of textile for 5 years
- Expert cautions women on choice of Brassiers
- Man, 34, jailed six months in Osun for theft, assault
- Reps call for policies to facilitate investments in gold mining
- NGO tasks communities on intercultural, interreligious harmony