Adebo Ogundoyin, the Speaker of Oyo State House of Assembly, on Tuesday reconstituted the 27 House Standing Committees, with a charge to members to take their oversight functions seriously.
Ogundoyin told the lawmakers that taking their oversight functions seriously would help in presenting the 9th Oyo Assembly as a vibrant and focused house.
” Your oversight functions are to aid the activities of the Oyo State Government; hence, every member must be actively involved in committee assignments.
“ It is not to witch hunt anybody but to assist government in proper implementation and execution of duties and responsibilities.
“I am convinced the 9th Oyo Assembly has what its takes to enhance governance, promote accountability and serve as watchdog to other arms of government including ministries, agencies and parastatals,” he said.
The committees, as announced by the Speaker, have Akeem Mustapha as the Chairman of Public Accounts, Finance and Appropriation, while Ademola Olusegun Popoola heads the Local Government, Chieftaincy Matters and Honors Committee.
Olamide Francis Olagoke is Chairman, Inter-Parliamentary Relations Committee while Olatunde Kehinde oversees Works and Transport Committee while Akeem Obadara is the Chairman of the House Committee on Security and Strategy.
The Chairman, House Committee on Information, Media and ICT remains Kazeem Olayanju while Bimbo Oladeji retains the position of Chairman, House Committee on Women Affairs and Community Development among others.
Edited By: Bayo Sekoni/Mufutau Ojo) (NAN)
- Barca’s Pique calls for wholesale changes after “shameful” defeat
- INEC seeks stakeholders collaboration in instituting electoral transparency
- Bayern Munich must stay grounded in spite of Barca demolition, coach says
- FC Barcelona’s Umtiti tests positive for COVID-19
- Bauchi Gov. condoles family of murdered lawmaker, Mante
- Football united behind Infantino, FIFA general secretary says
- Council approves health care provision fund guideline
- Labour ministry denies complicity in human trafficking
- UN ‘strongly condemns’ rights abuses in Cameroon
- Tourism operators reveal Top 10 romantic destinations for honeymoon in Nigeria