The Oyo State Chapter of Nigeria Union of Pensioners (NUP), on Thursday, commended Gov. Seyi Makinde, over the prompt payment of Pensioners’ monthly allowance.
Chairman of the chapter, Mr Olusegun Abatan, who spoke in a telephone interview with the Nigeria News Agency , on Thursday, described the governor “as God-sent”.
“I want to sincerely and most honestly tell you that we are indeed lucky to have Makinde as our governor.
“Just as in his campaign slogan; `new dawn has arrived in Oyo State’, pensioners are happy, workers are happy, everybody is feeling the impact of Makinde’s administration.
“Immediately after he was sworn-in, he dedicated his tenure salary to pensioners union, and he has not gone back on that promise as we get the alert of his monthly salary in the NUP account.
“He promised us that workers and pensioners will always get their salaries and allowances on the 25th of every month and he has been good to his words.
“Because 25th of this month fell on Sunday, Makinde paid workers and pensioners on Friday, 23rd, is he not God-sent? May God bless this man for us, he has put smiles back on our faces,” he said.
Abatan also revealed that retired primary school teachers in the state now received their full salaries as against the part-payment received under the last administration.
“Oyo State is a civil servants’ state, and we all depend on payment of salaries and allowances.
“Because Seyi pays early, market women are happy, artisans are happy, everyone is happy; we pray he continues like this.’’
- Nasarawa to provide schools with water, sanitation facilities
- SDGs: Quality, inclusive education my priority – Gov. Sule
- States can’t withdraw from minimum wage agreement, law binding to all — NLC
- U.S. to provide life-saving HIV treatment to 43,000 people in Imo
- Bauchi govt.to spend N12 bn to build 2,500 houses in 2020–Official
- Farmer calls for establishment of livestock agency to boost beef, dairy production
- Putin condemns EU stance on Nazi-Soviet WWII pact as ‘shameless lie’
- U.S. aviation regulator not likely clear 737 MAX before end of 2019
- We are on track in improving Manchester United, Solskjaer says
- NiMet predicts sunny, hazy weather condictions for Thursday
- FG says tackling global health problems requires global disciplinary cooperation, expertise
- Makinde signs Oyo State Anti- Corruption Bill into law
- Yuletide: Sanwo-Olu’s wife urges Nigerians to be security conscious
- Defamation: Edo Ex-speaker demands N500m from APC chieftain
- Anthony Joshua to present world championship belts to Buhari soon
- NLNG signs sales deal with Vitol SA on Train 1, 2 and 3
- NOC sets up 4-man committee on AFN crisis
- Plateau Govt. repeals disability commission act, to enact new law
- HIV/AIDS: Kwara Dep. Gov. harps on regular medical check-up
- End your strike to allow for negotiation, NECA urges electricity workers
- Committee expresses determination to host successful Abuja 2020 Para-Powerlifting Championships
- LASG to convert Majidun Rehab Centre to psychiatric hospital – Commissioner
- Christmas: FRSC promises free flow of traffic on Kaduna highways
- LASTMA arrests 25 for driving against traffic
- 261 Ogun pilgrims depart for Jerusalem
- I will alleviate your suffering, Makinde assures pensioners
- Practitioners that violate CRFFN Act risk expulsion, says governing council
- Education, powerful tool for driving growth, human devt.–Oyebode
- Alleged pension scam: How Maina illegally acquired property in son’s name–EFCC witness
- YouTube updates harassment policy to ban implicit threats, insults
- HMD Global launches new devices to enhance creativity, excitement for users
- No ‘dark Christmas’: S African leader promises action over power cuts
- Nigerian reseacher flays promotion of bone marrow transplant for HIV/AIDS cure
- INEC tasks stakeholders on free, fair elections
- Commission issues Certificates of Return to 16 LG chairmen in Ekiti
- NIS rolls out enhanced E-passport in Lagos
- World Pensioners’ Day: Adamawa pensioners demand fair treatment by politicians
- NSE indices record first gain in December, up 0.19%
- NCAT begins training in Drones operation
- Kwara community donates N3m office, motorcycle to NSCDC
- Defence equipment: Buratai wants Chinese firms to establish production line in Nigeria
- How to end insecurity–Gov. Oyetola
- Pension scam: Maina’s sister, Fatima, distance self from coys, bank accounts linked to her
- Cleric advises Christians to imbibe Jesus Christ virtues as they celebrate Christmas
- Reps to intervene in planned strike by NUEE
- FEC approves N307.5m for NAFDAC operational vehicles
- Electricity workers shutdown IE, EKEDC offices
- Rape: Oxfam seeks specialised training for police, legal practitioners
- PDP releases timetable for Edo municipal, state congresses
- Group calls for multi-stakeholders’ collaboration to tackle cultism