Oyo State has recorded its largest single-day jump of COVID-19 cases, with 141 new infections.
This was announced by the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC), on Monday during its daily update on the disease in the country.
The News Agency of Nigeria reports that the latest figure raised the number of confirmed cases in the state to 1867 from 1726.
NAN also reports that the previous highest single-day infection in state was reported on June 18 with 103 cases.
The NCDC tally for July 13 indicated that the state placed third in the country with Lagos state and FCT leading in the first and second positions respectively.
The number of COVID-19 patients successfully managed and discharged in the state was 1008.
The state has also recorded 21 COVID-19 related deaths.
Edited By: Remi Koleoso/Ali Baba-Inuwa (NAN)
- Defence College graduates 107 foreign, local participants of Course 28
- Army, DICON, security firm sign MoU on military equipment production
- FirstBank has processed N6trn transactions through FirstMonie network — Adeduntan
- INEC introduces election result viewing portal
- PenCom to initiate pension reform act 2014 review
- Religious, traditional leaders pledge support to fight rape, violence against women
- NIPC urges deep economic reforms to reverse 2020-2021 investment decline
- US agency warns hurricane season this year could be one of the worst
- INEC threatens to halt Edo, Ondo polls if there is violence
- Credible election in Edo will rekindle Nigerians’ hope- Secondus