The management of the Oyo State Universal Basic Education Board (SUBEB) has commiserated with the family of a deceased member of staff, Mrs Abosede Otun.
The Nigeria News Agency reports that Otun was, until her demise, a senior teaching staff of the Board attached to Community Primary School 1, Olopomewa.
NAN also reports that Otun was on her way to Abuja from Ibadan along with her colleague, Mrs Adedeji of Bako Community Primary School, Ido, for a workshop organised by the UNICEF when they were involved in a ghastly motor accident.
Dr Nureni Adeniran, the Executive Chairman of the board, said in a statement issued on Monday in Ibadan that while Adedeji survived the accident, although with some injuries, Otun, however, lost her life.
“The incident is very unfortunate; she will be sorely missed in the teaching service of Oyo SUBEB, especially for her disciplined lifestyle and dedication to duty,” Adeniran said.
He prayed God to grant the soul of the departed eternal rest and comfort her family.
The SUBEB chairman said that arrangements had been made to bring the body of the deceased to Ibadan, adding that would also ensure the injured Adedeji was given a comprehensive medical attention.
Edited by: Chioma Ugboma and ‘Wale Sadeeq
- Rotary organises free hepatitis, liver screening for Abuja community
- Senate lauds Buhari’s assent to amended CAMA bill
- COVID-19: Nigeria strengthens surveillance to curb spread – WHO
- Condolences: Ekiti Assembly describes Fakiyesi, former lawmaker as an epitome of humility, openness
- ExxonMobil Nigeria gets new chief executive
- Cleric tasks religious leaders on establishing youth skills centres
- Banditry: NASS lauds army operations in North West
- Cricket: 150 participants expected at beginners course for umpires, scorers
- Nasarawa bye-election: Voters use face masks, observe social distancing, laud process
- Enugu govt urges proper exclusive breastfeeding habit