The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has congratulated Sokoto State Governor, Alhaji Aminu Tambuwal, for his victory at the Sokoto Governorship Election Petition Tribunal, which upheld his election on Wednesday.
The party, in a statement issued by its National Publicity Secretary, Mr Kola Ologbondiyan, described the verdict as victory for democracy and inevitable triumph of the will of the people, as expressed in the March 23 governorship election.
“The PDP notes that Governor Tambuwal’s resounding victory at the election was a clear endorsement of his leadership style as evinced in his commitment towards the development of the state and the empowerment of the people.
“Indeed, Tambuwal’s achievements in developing the state and empowering the people in all critical sectors of life stood him out in his first term.
“His re-election therefore marks the determination of the people to consolidate on good governance in their state.”
Ologbondiyan urged PDP teeming members and supporters not to lose hope.
According to him, the tribunal is not the end of the road, and justice will surely prevail at the end of the day.
Edited by Oluwole Sogunle
- Queens College PTA wants unity schools’ participation in 2020 WASSCE
- Major shake-up in Nigerian Army as 37 Generals redeployed
- Buhari commiserates with Delta fire victims
- Rotary club president pledges more services to humanity
- Transport unions, FRSC sign agreement on Coronavirus safety measures in Kaduna
- Kano Emir re-appoints kingmaker 17-years after he was removed
- Coronavirus: Kwara health workers demand hazard allowance
- Ekiti Govt, CIPM collaborate on capacity devt
- 602 repentant Boko Haram members denounce membership
- United States-based fertiliser coy to establish African branch in Kebbi