The party made the condemnation in a statement issued by its National Publicity Secretary, Mr Kola Ologbondiyan on Wednesday in Abuja.
Ologbondiyan said that the use of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) to hound the Saraki was a clear case of political witch-hunt.
He said that the “fresh siege against Saraki’’ was part of the larger plot for a renewed clamp-down on key opposition figures and perceived political opponents of the APC administration.
He said it was particularly to frustrate the determination to retrieve alleged stolen presidential mandate of the PDP at the tribunal.
Ologbondiyan said that nothing else could explain the resort to alleged intimidation and evidence-fishing, just to nail Saraki at all costs, after several investigations.
He alleged that Saraki was still being hounded even after he had been prosecuted but discharged and acquitted by the Supreme Court, over claims of false asset declaration against him.
“Moreover, our party already has information on how certain elements in the APC have plotted to cash in on the new siege to harm key leaders of our party, under certain guise.
“The APC is called upon to note that Nigerians are already aware of the truth in all issues leading to this renewed harassment of the Senate President.
“We insist that no harm must come to Senator Saraki or any member of his family,’’ he said.
- Taskforce set to remove illegal structures in Lekki from Dec. 21
- Gov. Ganduje promises to continue working for development of Kano state
- Catholic cleric preaches act of giving
- Niger urges residents to take ownership of urban policy
- Be mindful of who to engage as domestic personnel, ex-Police Affairs Minister cautions
- Okuomose, Otuadinma win at Best of the Best Taekwondo Championship
- Arsenal’s Tierney to undergo shoulder surgery, out for 3 months
- Club World Cup: Monterrey to face Liverpool after beating Al Sadd
- Runsewe commends NCAA over initial suspension of Turkish Airline
- FRSC Edo Sector gets new Commander
- Group tasks leaders, Nigerians on time consciousness
- Cries about negative impact of border closure sponsored-Sen. Adamu
- Bankers committee earmarks N20bn to maintain national theatre
- Institute calls on govts. to allow INEC conduct local govt. elections
- Kwara Deputy Gov urges OGS old students to give back to Alma Mater
- Presidential aide criticises work done on Calabar-Itu highway by contractor
- Armed Forces College graduates 176 junior officers
- Osinbajo tasks clergy on writing to provide guidance, direction
- Why CBN must transfer Anchor Borrowers Programme to Agric Ministry – Sen. Adamu
- La Liga: Leaders FC Barcelona stumble to draw at Real Sociedad
- Sun Publishing Limited wants Justice Minister’s intervention as EFCC threatens to seal headquarters
- APC remains strong, intact in Zamfara — Yari
- Bournemouth stun Chelsea 1-0 away to end losing streak
- Group advocates women empowerment to check gender-based violence
- Lawmaker condoles with Mimiko, says mother death, great loss to Ondo
- 2 NGOs collaborate to clean up Lagos for healthy environment
- Buhari tasks universities on IGR for sustainable education
- Arts, cultural exchange strengthen relationships between countries – Emirati Artist
- Ismael, Akuso win maiden Ikogosi-Ekiti 10-km race
- CITN confers fellowship on 329, calls for professionalism
- NANS commends Gov. Oyetola for tackling youth unemployment in Osun
- Gov. AbdulRazaq reiterates commitment to Kwara’s socio-economic growth
- Bayern Munich batter Werder Bremen as Borussia Dortmund dominate Mainz
- Akeredolu condoles with Mimiko over mother’s death
- Ogun lawmaker donates equipment to health facilities in constituency
- Inclusive education: Stakeholders urge training of more special teachers
- Ethiopian Airlines to launch 3 weekly flights to Houston Monday
- Shareholders seek more mergers, acquisitions in cement industry
- Golf: U.S. fight back to leave Presidents Cup in the balance
- Salah scores twice as Liverpool sink struggling Watford
- Yuletide: Enugu FRSC seeks collaboration with state traffic agency
- Eko Disco records highest remittance efficiency in Q2, says NERC
- Doctors map out measures to forestall litigations over management of patients’ ailments
- Osinbajo in Ikenne, celebrates Otunba Adesina at 80
- Group wants Nigerians to imbibe waste management culture, recycling
- FG pledges to enhance operations of River Basin Development Authorities in 2020
- Soldiers clean up Ojuelegba axis of Lagos to enhance civilian/military relations
- Enugu hospital turns to pilgrimage ground as residents catch glimpse of quadruplets
- Poor Salary: Kaduna joint tertiary institution unions shelve planned strike
- NIMASA chief urges regular exercise to stay healthy, enhance productivity