The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) on Tuesday expressed sadness over the death of media mogul, businessman and former Minister of Water Resources, Malam Isa Funtua.
The National Publicity Secretary, Mr Kola Ologbondiyan, in a statement in Abuja, commiserated with President Muhammadu Buhari over the death of Funtua, ” who was the president’s very close confidant, long-time friend and associate.”
Ologbondiyan said late Funtua would be remembered for the roles he played in different capacities toward the development of the nation.
He said Funtua’s contributions as a former minister, an outstanding publisher and life patron of the International Press Institute (IPI) and the Newspapers Proprietors Association of Nigeria (NPAN) were noteworthy.
“The PDP condoles with Mallam Isa Funtua’s family, the media industry as well as the government and people of Katsina state, and prays God to grant eternal rest to the faithful departed,” he said.
Edited By: Buhari Bolaji/Oluwole Sogunle (NAN)
- Rotary Governor tasks members on impactful projects for underprivileged
- Kwara community hands over upgraded NSCDC outpost, donates patrol vehicle
- Soil Science Institute partners ministry to enhance food production
- Tricycle rider docked over alleged phone theft
- Woman in court for allegedly misappropriating N144, 740
- Gov. Okowa felicitates Obiano at 65
- NLC urges Air Peace, others to reinstate sacked workers within 2 weeks
- Court dissolves 13-year-old marriage as wife starves husband of sex
- COVID-19: Mobile court convicts 39 defaulters for violating protocols in Edo
- LASUTH Medicine Dept donates scrubs to doctors