The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has commiserated with the government and people of Benue state over the tragic boat mishap, which claimed some lives.
PDP’s National Publicity Secretary, Mr Kola Ologbondiyan, in a statement on Wednesday in Abuja, said that the party was deeply grieved by the traumatising incident.
He said that the mishap brought pain, sorrow and untold anguish to families whose loved ones, particularly, children, died in the incident.
“Our party mourns. Our thoughts and prayers go out to the bereaved, particularly the policemen of MOPOL 13 Barracks, whose children and relatives were among those who lost their lives.
“The PDP shares in their grief and prays God to give them the fortitude to bear the loss,” he said.
Ologbondiyan condoled with Gov. Samuel Ortom, the Evangelical Church Winning All (ECWA) as well as the people of Benue state and prayed God to grant eternal rest to the faithful departed.
“The party urges all people of faith across the country to supplicate for our fatherland at this trying time, lamenting that the nation has witnessed a lot of tragedies and deaths in recent time,” he said.
Edited By: Chioma Ugboma/Oluwole Sogunle (NAN)
- Mrs El-Rufai canvasses public support for exclusive breastfeeding
- Making strong, safe LPG cylinders locally, my greatest joy, says industrialist
- 20,000 to benefit from NEDC Education Endowment Trust Fund — Chairman
- U.N. agencies scramble to support Beirut blast victims
- FCT court convicts Naira Marley for violation of Covid-19 protocol
- Association stresses advantages of breastfeeding babies
- Anambra Assembly seeks intensified fight against rape, support for victims
- NASS working to strengthen Nigeria’s anti-graft laws — Omo-Agege
- A’Ibom Gov. resolves 3-year-old chieftaincy tussle in Eket
- Petrol tanker claims 1 life in Lagos, says LASEMA