A Chieftain of the People’s Democratic Party (PDP) in Plateau, Mr Bitrus Kaze, has warned the party against repeating the mistakes that gave power to the All Progressives Congress (APC) in the state in 2015.
Kaze, who is a Chairmanship aspirant for the forthcoming PDP State Congress in the state, gave the warning in an interview with News Agency of Nigeria on Tuesday in Jos.
He said the party needed to learn from its mistakes and make amends if it wanted to return to power in the state.
“What brought us here in the first place is the fact that we made serious mistakes as a party and in relationship with the people Plateau and other political parties.
“By the time we offer people fair and credible elections whether congresses or primaries, PDP will return to power because Plateau is for the PDP.
“This is the time for us to learn our lessons because we cannot keep doing the same thing and expect a different result,” the former House of Representatives member said.
Kaze assured his supporters that he was still in the race with a view to repositioning the party in Plateau to recapture power in 2023.
He said he was not deterred in spite of setbacks occasioned partly by the COVID-19 pandemic which compelled the party to shift its congress for three months.
Edited By: Saidu Adamu and Abdullahi Yusuf (NAN)
- Shooting prompts Trump’s evacuation from White House briefing room
- Collection of forms for 774,000 Special Public Works commences in Rivers
- Lawmaker commends Buhari, Diri over Oloibiri Museum, appeals for befitting access road
- Pay 4 years pension arrears, gratuities, pensioners beg Wike
- Police arrest 27 armed robbery, Kidnapping suspects in Nasarawa
- Wike seeks Assembly’s approval for N18bn loan
- COVID-19: FG directs civil servants on levels 12, 13 to resume work
- Obaseki seeks traditional ruler’s blessing ahead of Sept. 19 election
- Kano Govt establishes 3 more schools for Almajiri children
- United States decries Russia’s decree targeting VOA, others