News Agency of Nigeria reports that the elections were conducted in 23 local government councils across 276 council wards of the state.
The elections, which were adjudged by a team of election observers led by Ibrahim Sheka from Kano, as having low turn out, featured five political parties.
The five parties were; Social Democratic Party (SDP), Accord Party (AP), Africa Action Congress (AAC), All Progressive Grand Alliance (APGA), Labour Party (LP) and Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) while the main opposition political party, the APC boycotted the exercise.
Loko commended the BSIEC officials for the smooth conduct of the polls and directed all elected chairmen and councilors to report to the commissions office in Makurdi on June 1, for their Certificates of Return.
Edited By: Philip Dzeremo and Abdullahi Yusuf (NAN)
- Students urge FG to take proactive measures for schools reopening
- NSCDC Commandant General gives N.8m to families of deceased officers in Ondo State
- Ebonyi inaugurates committee to recruit 13,000 for FG’s Special Works Programme
- Major shake-up in Nigerian Army as 37 Generals redeployed
- Manchester City aren’t the only big spenders —- Guardiola
- Ronaldo draws blank as Sassuolo hold jittery Juventus
- Queens College PTA wants unity schools’ participation in 2020 WASSCE
- Kaduna Govt to upgrade ICT infrastructure in tertiary institutions -Commissioner
- Lunguda/Waja unrest: Adamawa deputy governor calls for peace
- Environmentalist ticks out govt. for inability to enforce environmental policies