The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has demanded for the prosecution of suspended acting Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission(EFCC), Mr Ibrahim Magu if found wanting.
PDP National Publicity Secretary, Mr Kola Ologbondiyan, in a statement on Wednesday in Abuja, said the demand became necessary after reviewing the reported circumstances surrounding the investigation of Magu.
Ologbondiyan said that PDP observed that the revelations of alleged corruption detailed in the memo by the Attorney General and Minister of justice, as well as the report of the Department of State Services (DSS) on Magu’s activities, had exposed the racket under his watch.
The allegations, according to him, included diversion of recovered funds and fraudulent sales of assets seized by the EFCC among others.
He advised President Muhammadu Buhari not to allow the matter to be swept under the carpet or allow Magu to be shield from prosecution.
“What Nigerians expect at this moment is for Buhari to enforce the law by directing relevant agencies to commence actions that would lead to Magu’s prosecution at the court.
“Anything short of this will not be acceptable to Nigerians,” he said.
The embattled acting chairman was said to be under interrogation by a presidential panel set up to probe allegations of gross misconduct against him.
Edited By: Chidinma Agu/Ali Baba-Inuwa (NAN)
- NAIC, AFAN partner to insure 40m farmers against flood, other disasters
- Lagos Assembly proposes N20m licence fee for lottery, betting operators
- Lagos govt charges Lagosians to plant coconuts trees
- Edo unemployment rate declines to 19% under Obaseki’s job creation drive-official
- PDP reconstitutes Kaduna State caretaker committee
- Nasarawa Deputy Governor tasks journalists on investigative reportage
- Sales rep docked over alleged theft of employer’s goods worth N430,000
- Shop owners, traders lament as Kuje Council demolishes structures
- LASG reverses 10% service charge for trips on e-hailing platforms
- Unilag ASUU says no going back in rejection of VC’s removal