Nigeria News Agency reports that the NMA also distributed some free items to children at the Emergency Paediatric Unit (EPU) and Post Natal wards at the two hospitals.
The event was part of the association’s activities to mark 2019 Physicians Week and Ordinary General Meeting (OGM).
The chairman of the association, Dr Kabiru Zubair, while presenting the items to the Chief Medical Directors (CMDs) of the hospitals in Lokoja, said that the items were donated for the care of patients as part of the union’s Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR).
He commended the two CMDs for their unflinching support for the association and its members in the state.
He commended the medical directors for the good work in managing the hospitals for the benefit of all.
”You are also our members, and if you succeed it would lead to the overall improvement of the healthcare of our people in Kogi and Nigeria at large,” Zubair said.
He, therefore, enjoined the two hospitals’ managements to sustain the support for the association, while assuring them of the total cooperation of their members.
Zubair noted that the association on Oct. 14 offered free medical services to over 100 workers of Lokoja Local Government in the state.
In their separate responses, Dr Olatunde Alabi and Dr Ahmed Attah, the CMDs of FMC and KSSH respectively, commended the NMA for the gesture, and assured them of their full support.
NAN reports that Dr Stephen Shaibu, the Chairman Medical Advisory Committee (CMAC), KSSH, received the items on behalf of the CMD, Attah.
Items donated were several packs of absorbent cotton wool, methylated spirit, syringes and gloves; while diapers, tooth pastes, biscuits and some juice drinks were distributed to children. (NAN)
- Woman prays court to grant her custody of 2-yr son
- Court remands labourer for allegedly defiling neighbour’s daughter
- NYSC SAED will prepare you for the challenges of unemployment, Okpongete charges corps members
- 14 political parties to participate in Adamawa local council election
- NASA tracks swarm of asteroids zooming toward earth at breakneck speed
- Cleric urges Nigerians to pray for leaders irrespective of differences
- Kogi guber: Attack on SDP secretariat a threat to democracy – Ondo SDP
- EU lawyer: Jailed Catalan leader should have EU parliament immunity
- Asylum seekers cannot lose shelter, food as punishment – EU court
- Kaduna Govt., CS-SUNN train committee on effective nutrition coordination
- Bayelsa poll: Court disqualifies APC deputy governorship candidate over false information
- World Pneumonia Day: Nigeria contributes highest number of child pneumonia globally – UNICEF
- Britain’s opposition Labour Party reports sophisticated cyber attack
- Adegboyega varsity to establish agro-solar power project -VC
- Security: Gov. Matawalle urges repentant bandits to sustain peace
- Thai police arrest 4 suspects over murder of Karen activist
- Amaechi, Peterside mourn death of Prof Tam David-West
- Kano Assembly urges government to construct access road in Kiru LGA
- Most states not implementing Contributory Pension Scheme — PENCOM report
- Russian PM endorses production of ebola vaccine for DRC, others at Novosibirsk facility