Prof. Yohana Izam, the Vice Chancellor of Plateau State University (PLASU), Bokkos, says the execution of multiple projects in the institution would boost admission and employment opportunities.
Izam said this on Wednesday when the national leadership of Mwaghavul Youth Movement (MYM) paid him a courtesy visits in his office.
A press Statement signed by the university’s Public Relation Officer (PRO), Mr John Agam, and made available to Nigeria News Agency , described the execution of projects in the institution as “a welcome development.”
“We are of the belief that this latest development will translate into the establishment of additional faculties in the university thus boosting both the admission quarter and employment opportunities for the teeming youth of the state and Nigeria.
“PLASU is currently executing projects which are at various stages of completion saying that when completed,the projects would enable new programmes to come on stream thus providing the university with the capacity to compete favorably with other Universities in the world in terms of quality of programmes and products.
“The University is a Plateau project that must succeed. The successes recorded so far are impressive and assured all stakeholders of his determination and resolve to bequeath a university that would stand out both locally and internationally, ” he stated.
Izam further disclosed that the present management of the institution was changing the narrative of the University for the better as it would soon attract individuals, philantropists and organizations to be part of the history by investing in the University.
The VC commended a Jos-based Miner, Alhaji Abdulahi Adamu, who is currently building the Advancement and Linkages office for the University.
He said that when he assumed office in 2018, only two out of the 17 programmes being run by the University had full accreditation but today the university can proudly say it had has achieved over ninety percent accreditation of it seventeen programmes.
Earlier, the President of Mwaghavul Youth Movement, Mr Dapul Elisha Gayus and President of the Parliament Crew, Mr David King commended the Vice Chancellor for the great transformation going on in the University.
Gayus admonished the VC to continue with the good work for the progress of Plateau, Nigeria and the world.
Edited by Abdullahi Yusuf
- Trump’s campaign feasts on Harris’ past criticisms of Biden
- COVID-19: NCDC confirms 423 new cases in Nigeria
- Konta in good spirits day after health scare at Top Seed Open
- Four-goal Shakhtar Donetsk set up Europa League semi-final against Inter Milan
- Bauchi Govt. partners UNESCO on mobile learning for school children
- Sevilla reach Europa League semi-finals as Wolves pay for penalty kick miss
- Zamfara security c’tee denies resignation of members
- Police arrest 3 for allegedly robbing fishermen of N1.6m in Lagos
- New Zealand city of Auckland prepares for lockdown as mystery COVID cases emerge
- IPAC wants INEC to adjust timetable for Ondo, Edo polls