The Plateau Government has allocated over N15.7 billion for the implementation of various projects in the Ministry of Water Resources and Energy in its 2020 budget.
Mr. Sylvester Wallangko, the State’s Commssioner of Budget and Planning disclosed this during a budget breakdown on Monday in Jos.
According Wallangko, the figures represents 19.9 per cent of the entire total budget, adding that the ministry was allocated the highest amount.
He explained that the monies would be used to ensure provision of water and energy to all parts of the state, as well as promote sanitation and hygiene.
“The water resouces, energy and sanitation sub sector has an allocation of over N15.7 billion, representating 19.9 per cent of the total budget.
“These monies will go into the rehabilitation of Mangu regional water projects, expansion of water pipeline distribution network in Jos and Bukuru, green city power project amd construction of multiple dams at Baushe.
“Acquisition of water treatment chemicals, counterpart contribution for water and energy, building of Earth dams with mobile treatment plant in Langtang South, Kanke and Pankshin, among other projects
“We are determined in promoting hygiene and sanitation in the state, and so, part of the allocation will go into that area,” he said
The commissioner also said that government had allocated N13.5 billion for the implementation of various projects under the Ministry of Works.
He said the figures allocated to the works ministry represented 17.2 per cent of the total budget size.
He added that the amount would be used in the completing all ongoing roads projects in the state.
Nigeria News Agency reports that over 32 ongoing road projects were captured in the budget.
Edited by: Abdullahi Yusuf
- Shooting prompts Trump’s evacuation from White House briefing room
- Collection of forms for 774,000 Special Public Works commences in Rivers
- Lawmaker commends Buhari, Diri over Oloibiri Museum, appeals for befitting access road
- Pay 4 years pension arrears, gratuities, pensioners beg Wike
- Police arrest 27 armed robbery, Kidnapping suspects in Nasarawa
- Wike seeks Assembly’s approval for N18bn loan
- COVID-19: FG directs civil servants on levels 12, 13 to resume work
- Obaseki seeks traditional ruler’s blessing ahead of Sept. 19 election
- Kano Govt establishes 3 more schools for Almajiri children
- United States decries Russia’s decree targeting VOA, others