The member had noted that the existence of such unapproved parks could lead to accidents and posed serious security threats to the state.
“Mr Speaker, the presence of some unapproved motor parks spread all over Jos and Bukuru metropolis is very worrisome.
“From Maraba Jamaa, Anguldi D, Old Airport junction up to Farin Gada and at Bauchi road axis, there are illegal motor parks scattered everywhere.
“Sir, the location of these parks is not only a threat to the security of the state, but could also lead to accidents along major highways.
“So, I pray this honourable House to direct the relevant agency to disband all motor parks operating illegally in the state,” he urged.
Contributing to the motion, Mr Daniel Listick, urged government to tighten the laws that established the state’s vehicle inspection agency to enable it to tackle the existence of such parks.
Listick also advised government to establish proper motors parks, adding that with such, more revenue would be generated for government.
After members contribution, Speaker Abok Ayuba, called on security agencies and other relevant organisations to ensure such illegal parks were disbanded.
- Jega says improving integrity of elections critical to democratic growth
- Border closure: entrepreneur commends FG, urges Nigerians to look inward
- Minister tasks women on nation building
- World Diabetes Day: Association urges mothers to prepare natural foods for families
- Turkey qualify for Euro 2020 with draw against Iceland, France also secure spot
- 2 injured in Tejuosho Lagos fire — LASEMA
- CPAN says 2019 UTME marred by biometric, browser failure
- Efficient deployment of resources critical to universal health coverage – Don
- Why LASU is introducing 2-stream undergraduate programmes — VC
- Fellow officer defiled my daughter in barracks, policewoman tells court
- UHC: NIPSS wants Buhari to convene National Council of State meeting
- NGO calls for synergy on diabetes awareness
- Red Cross trains 30 surgeons on management of weapon wounded patients
- NPFL: Rangers pips Sunshine Stars 1-0 in Enugu
- World Diabetes Day: NGO provides free medicare to Abuja residents
- Agency signs MoU with bank to create access for loan for health maintenance
- NACCIMA president charges FG, states to patronise Innoson motors
- Pantami directs NCC to address issues of automatic voicemails on existing phonelines
- FG open to willing foreign investors in agribusiness – Perm Sec
- 4,000 Primary Health Centres have been revitalised in Nigeria – NPHCDA