Plateau Assembly renews tenure of management committees in local councils
By Peter Amine
Jos, July 9, 2020 (NAN) The Plateau State House of Assembly has renewed the tenure of management committees of four local government councils in the state for three months.
Mr Abok Ayub, Speaker of the House said this in a statement on Thursday in Jos, naming the affected councils to include Barkin Ladi, Jos South, Riyom and Jos North.
Ayuba said that the renewal took effect from July 10, 2020.
The speaker also directed the secretary of the management committee of Barkin Ladi council to act as the chairman pending the appointment of a new one.
“The secretary would continue to act pending the appointment of a substantive management committee chairman to replace the late chairman who died recently,” he said.
Meanwhile, the House has relieved all supervisory councillors in the affected local councils of their position. (NAN)
Edited By: Kamal Tayo/Ali Baba-Inuwa (NAN)
- Tanker drivers start strike Monday as talks with LASG end in deadlock
- NCDC confirms 437 new COVID-19 case, total of infection hits 46,577
- Apapa will open to traffic in October — LASG
- Halep to decide on United States Open after Prague event
- Gov. Fayemi mourns ex-Ekiti lawmaker, Fakiyesi
- Vettel says Ferrari messed up with nonsensical strategy
- Ekiti Govt paying lip service to healthcare delivery, say striking doctors
- Resumption: Academy wants COVID-19 protocol funds released directly to schools
- Willian confirms exit from Chelsea after 7 years
- Anglican Bishop urges govts to save SMEs from collapse