The Plateau State Community and Social Development Agency (PLCSDA) on Thursday organised a three-day training on Community Driven Development (CDD) for Chairmen and Local Government Review Committees in the State.
Speaking at the event in Jos, Mrs Felicity Gurumyen,the General Manager of the agency, described CDD as the fastest way of getting communities developed.
Gurumyen also described CDD as a popular aid delivery that laid emphasis on community control of the development process, resources and decision making authority directly to groups in communities.
She further explained that CDD project provided poor communities with direct funding for development and enabled the communities to decide on how such funds should be expended.
According to the general manager, the training aimed at building the capacity of critical stakeholders at the rural level on ways to initiate and take ownership of projects in their various communities.
“CDD process is the quickest way of getting our rural communities developed.
“It is a development initiative that provides control of development proces, resources and decision making authority directly to groups in communities.
“CDD project makes communities become best judges on how lives and livelihoods can be improved, and if provided with adequate resources and information, can organise themselves to provide their immediate needs
“So, this training is to equip critical stakeholders with the knowledge on how to build projects and take responsibility of monitoring it’s progress and maintenance,” she said.
Earlier, Dr Abdulkareem Obaje, National Coordinator of CSDA, who described the meeting as timely, also commended Plateau for taking the CDD project to the “next level”.
“Out of the 30 states participating in our project, Plateau has taken the challenge of taking CDD to the next level,” he said.
The National Coordinator said that CDD would bridge the infrastructure deficit being experienced in most rural communities across the federation.
He urged Plateau government to sustain the tempo and work assiduously to uplift the living standard of the rural populace
Edited by Abdullahi Yusuf
- FMC Yenagoa marks 20th anniversary with free medical outreach for host community
- Anambra: Ojukwu varsity inducts 47 doctors, as Obiasor carts home 12 awards
- NNPC set to take measures to curb oil theft
- Gov. Ishaku tasks state governments on Human Rights promotion
- International Human Rights Day: U.S. Consulate urges empowerment of local leaders empowerment to protect citizens rights
- National security: Air Chief assures best training for NAF personnel
- Abuse: Create platforms for students to rate lecturers anonymously- Gender Activist
- DMO clarifies Nigeria’s external debt
- 35 land grabbing cases pending in Lagos courts – attorney-general
- LSFVCB arrests 30 sellers of pirated films
- Don calls for integration of orature into universities curriculum
- Lagos courts to go digital in 2020 — AG
- Anchor Borrowers:CBN tasks cotton farmers on prompt repayment of agric loans
- ICMPD to train 500 teacher-trainers on mainstreaming trafficking in persons into NCE
- College of Insurance partners international organisations to boost status
- Hate speech: NBC urges FG to promote news literacy, professional journalism
- Improve capacity building in medical image analysis, computer vision- Expert
- Jigawa, Kaduna, Delta tops 2018 states budget transparency – Report
- Swedish envoy urges strategic action, awareness creation against gender-based violence
- N80 bn budget for 23 Kaduna LGAs scales 2nd reading
- Nigeria supports global efforts on elimination of Nuclear weapons
- Yuletide: Stop using fake, substandard tyres to avoid road crashes- Olagunju
- NDLEA destroys 11,669 kg of illicit drugs worth N1.65bn in Nasarawa
- British Council presents development grants to women groups in Adamawa
- UN wants Somali youth to promote human rights protection for stability
- Institute solicits FG’s support to provide detailed survey, soil resources mapping
- Boris Johnson under fire as health survey finds many die in emergency wait
- 4 Brigade Troops arrest 5 for suspected murder, armed robbery
- Russian separatists in Ukraine signal support for peace deal
- Minister expresses concern over human trafficking
- Experts advocate mental health therapy for GBV victims
- Yuletide: Oyeyemi warns transport unions against overloading, speeding
- Israel reaffirms commitment to partnering Nigeria on agric technology, entrepreneurship devt
- Promote rule of law over self interest, Oyo Speaker urges lawyers
- Berlin declares emergency in climate
- Emir of Karaye lauds NMA over contribution to community health
- Nigeria Immigration Service Deputy CG, Anene, retires
- SWAN commends Gov. Abdulrazaq over baseball park renovation
- Germany working on defense system to protect airports from drones
- Buhari calls for multilateral approach to combat terrorism
- NECO: EFCC arrests vice-principal, 2 others over exam malpractice in Ilorin
- No reprieve for Hungary in EU grilling over rule of law concerns
- Without convergence, single currency will be catastrophic – ECOWAS Commission President
- Forgive me, Fayose begs aggrieved PDP members
- $22.7 loan request meant for infrastructure- FG
- A’Ibom 2020 budget: Group says N4bn for education “too paltry”
- Katsina state govt. establishes 5 new irrigation schemes
- Sudan: Al-Bashir questioned over 1989 coup that brought him to power
- FG launches N46.83bn agric. scheme in 9 oil producing states
- Zambia gov’t says ready for talks to abolish death penalty