He also urged them to shun other negative social vices while in camp and after the orientation exercise.
Lalong, represented by Prof. Sonni Tyoden, the deputy governor of the state, made the call on Monday in Mangu, at the formal opening and inauguration ceremony of the corps members.
He enjoined them to shun all forms of social vices such as drug abuse and drug misuse, cultism, internet fraud, abusive and unguarded utterances.
The governor also urged the corps members to embrace the spirit of patriotism, hard work, and commitment to national ideals as a means of building the Nigeria of our dreams, devoid of rancour and conflict.
He further urged them to take seriously the Skills Acquisition and Entrepreneurship Development (SAED) programme designed by the NYSC to empower them with requisite skills and vocations needed for economic independence during and after the service year.
He said that their security was of utmost priority to the government.
She called on them to embrace the SAED programme as it was designed to make them self-reliant after their service year.
Nigeria News Agency reports that as at the close of registration on Friday, a total of 1,366 corps members where registered comprising 608 females and 758 males.
According to Embu, no fewer than 1,500 corps are expected at the camp.
Edited & Vetted By: Emmanuel Nwoye and Abdullahi Yusuf
- NNPC set to take measures to curb oil theft
- Gov. Ishaku tasks state governments on Human Rights promotion
- International Human Rights Day: U.S. Consulate urges empowerment of local leaders empowerment to protect citizens rights
- National security: Air Chief assures best training for NAF personnel
- Abuse: Create platforms for students to rate lecturers anonymously- Gender Activist
- DMO clarifies Nigeria’s external debt
- 35 land grabbing cases pending in Lagos courts – attorney-general
- LSFVCB arrests 30 sellers of pirated films
- Don calls for integration of orature into universities curriculum
- Lagos courts to go digital in 2020 — AG
- Anchor Borrowers:CBN tasks cotton farmers on prompt repayment of agric loans
- ICMPD to train 500 teacher-trainers on mainstreaming trafficking in persons into NCE
- College of Insurance partners international organisations to boost status
- Hate speech: NBC urges FG to promote news literacy, professional journalism
- Improve capacity building in medical image analysis, computer vision- Expert
- Jigawa, Kaduna, Delta tops 2018 states budget transparency – Report
- Swedish envoy urges strategic action, awareness creation against gender-based violence
- N80 bn budget for 23 Kaduna LGAs scales 2nd reading
- Nigeria supports global efforts on elimination of Nuclear weapons
- Yuletide: Stop using fake, substandard tyres to avoid road crashes- Olagunju
- NDLEA destroys 11,669 kg of illicit drugs worth N1.65bn in Nasarawa
- British Council presents development grants to women groups in Adamawa
- UN wants Somali youth to promote human rights protection for stability
- Institute solicits FG’s support to provide detailed survey, soil resources mapping
- Boris Johnson under fire as health survey finds many die in emergency wait
- 4 Brigade Troops arrest 5 for suspected murder, armed robbery
- Russian separatists in Ukraine signal support for peace deal
- Minister expresses concern over human trafficking
- Experts advocate mental health therapy for GBV victims
- Yuletide: Oyeyemi warns transport unions against overloading, speeding
- Israel reaffirms commitment to partnering Nigeria on agric technology, entrepreneurship devt
- Promote rule of law over self interest, Oyo Speaker urges lawyers
- Berlin declares emergency in climate
- Emir of Karaye lauds NMA over contribution to community health
- Nigeria Immigration Service Deputy CG, Anene, retires
- SWAN commends Gov. Abdulrazaq over baseball park renovation
- Germany working on defense system to protect airports from drones
- Buhari calls for multilateral approach to combat terrorism
- NECO: EFCC arrests vice-principal, 2 others over exam malpractice in Ilorin
- No reprieve for Hungary in EU grilling over rule of law concerns
- Without convergence, single currency will be catastrophic – ECOWAS Commission President
- Forgive me, Fayose begs aggrieved PDP members
- $22.7 loan request meant for infrastructure- FG
- A’Ibom 2020 budget: Group says N4bn for education “too paltry”
- Katsina state govt. establishes 5 new irrigation schemes
- Sudan: Al-Bashir questioned over 1989 coup that brought him to power
- FG launches N46.83bn agric. scheme in 9 oil producing states
- Zambia gov’t says ready for talks to abolish death penalty
- Oyo govt. reinstates 300 sacked workers
- CBi launches National Integrity Barometer to tackle corruption