In congratulatory message by his Director of Press, Mr Bulus Atang, made available on Sunday in Jos, the Speaker described kaigama as a “true of servant of God”.
The Nigeria News Agency reports that Pope Francis has appointed Kaigama as Coadjutor Archbishop of Abuja; he was Apostolic Administrator of Jos Archdiocese for 19 years.
Kaigam, who was bishop of Jalingo catholic diocese, was later appointed and installed Archbishop of Jos in June, 2000, after the demise of late archbishop Gabriel Ganaka, in November, 1999.
NAN also reports that on Nov. 9, the Holy Father appointed Kaigama as substantive archbishop of the Archdiocese, having accepted the retirement of Archbishop John Cardinal Onaiyekan, who has attained the age of 75.
The speaker further described Kaigama’s new appointment as a demonstration of the good works he has been doing, adding that his stint as metropolitan Archbishop of Jos was rewarding to the people Plateau.
He lauded the Archbishop’s efforts in ensuring the relative peace being currently enjoyed in the state was possible, called on him to continue to pray for a peaceful Plateau.
He assured Kaigama of continues support, cooperation and prayer from Plateau citizens, to enable him succeed in his new place of assignment.
Edited by Felix Ajide
- Major shake-up in Nigerian Army as 37 Generals redeployed
- Queens College PTA wants unity schools’ participation in 2020 WASSCE
- Students urge FG to take proactive measures for schools reopening
- Rotary club president pledges more services to humanity
- Environmentalist ticks out govt. for inability to enforce environmental policies
- Ebonyi inaugurates committee to recruit 13,000 for FG’s Special Works Programme
- Farm inputs: Women farmers laud Gov. Buni
- Manchester City aren’t the only big spenders —- Guardiola
- Coronavirus: Kwara health workers demand hazard allowance
- Bauchi SUBEB’s Chairman warns engineers against use of substandard materials for projects