Mr Abok Ayuba, the Speaker of the Plateau State House of Assembly, has congratulated Gov. Simon Lalong, over his victory at the tribunal.
Abok said this in a statement by his Director of Press, Mr Bulus Atang, on Wednesday in Jos.
The Nigeria News Agency reports that the Governorship Election Tribunal sitting in Jos on Wednesday declared Lalong as winner of the March 9 governorship election in the state.
The Speaker described the judgement as victory for democracy, adding that the verdict further confirmed that Lalong remained the choice of the people.
“The victory of Gov. Simon Lalong at the governorship election tribunal is a victory for democracy.
“The verdict further confirms that Lalong is the people’s choice.
“I urge the people of Plateau to support and pray for Lalong to succeed and work towards a united, peaceful, secured and prosperous plateau,” the speaker said.
Abok called on the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) and its candidate in the election to sheath their sword and support Lalong to move the state forward.
The Speaker assured the governor of the support and collaboration of the house to place the state on the path of growth and development.
Edited by Nick Nicholas/Ali Baba-Inuwa
- A’ Ibom Govt. sensitises 948 flood prone coastal villages
- UAE donates 7.5 tonnes of medical supplies to Nigerian Govt.
- Police arrest human trafficking kingpin in Katsina State
- Lagos-Ibadan Rail to begin operations with 16 trips daily – NRC
- Our borrowings are justified – FG says
- Military airstrike hits bandits’ camp, kills scores in Kaduna forest
- Ondo State governorship election: APC inaugurates national campaign council
- Number of migrants landing in Italy more than doubles in past year
- Sodomy: NAPTIP arrests labourer for luring 12 children in Sokoto
- Council sensitises mothers in Badagry on rape, child abuse