Mr Abok Ayuba, Speaker, Plateau State House of Assembly, has donated relief materials to persons displaced by the recent attacks in Ribung community of Fursum District of Jos East Local Government Area of Plateau.
Mr Bulus Atang, the Director of Press to the speaker, disclosed this in a statement on Tuesday in Jos, stating that the donation took place on Monday.
Atang said the speaker advised the victims to be law abiding and to live in peace with their neighbours, in spite of the recent happenings, to enable growth and development in the state.
He said the speaker assured the displaced persons of government’s readiness to ensure that peace returned to all parts of the state.
According to him, items donated include bags of rice and beans; cartons of detergent, washing and bathing soaps.
Atang said Mr Saleh Gyang, who received the items on behalf of the vcitims, thanked the speaker for the gesture.
Gyang, he said, called on government to work toward the return of lasting peace to all troubled areas in the state. (NAN)
Edited by Moses and Abdullahi Yusuf
- Nigeria records zero death, 453 new cases of COVID-19
- Int’l Youth Day, Ooni wants Big Brother 9ija show replaced
- Atalanta’s dream ends with cruel late double strike from PSG
- Buhari mourns ‘Old Friend of Nigeria’, Walter Carrington
- FG to `punish’ States, LGAs over double taxation in mining sector – Minister
- Insecurity: Gov. Sule reiterates commitment to supporting security agencies
- CMD Lafia Specialist Hospital tasks NUJ on Health Insurance
- Ahead Councils polls, Bauchi govt dissolves LGA executives
- Insecurity : Monarch lauds Buhari for inaugurating Police training college in Nasarawa
- Banditry: Sokoto Assembly calls for reinforcement of security in Illela LGA