Manchester (UK), July 5, 2019 (Reuters) Manchester United’s Paul Pogba is ready to leave the English Premier League (EPL) side in the summer with a transfer “in the process”, the French midfielder’s agent Mino Raiola says.
Pogba, who moved to Manchester United from Juventus in 2016 for a then-world record fee of 89.3 million pounds, has produced inconsistent displays.
This was however in spite of scoring 31 goals in 142 appearances in all competitions.
“Everyone within the club from the manager to the owner knows Paul’s wishes,” Raiola told the Times newspaper.
“Everyone knows the willingness of Paul to move on. We’re in the process of that. Everyone knows what the feelings of Paul are.”
British media has linked the 26-year-old World Cup winner with a move to Real Madrid, where he will link up with coach Zinedine Zidane, or a return to former club Juventus.
Pogba had suggested last month in Tokyo that now “could be a good time to have a new challenge somewhere else”.
He is currently in New York this week on a promotional tour, with Manchester United’s squad set to fly out to Australia shortly for a series of pre-season games.
The games begin next week.
Raiola did not confirm if Pogba would make the trip.
“I can’t tell you anything. I live day by day,” he added.
(Edited by Olawale Alabi)
- MPR reduction: Experts predict increased activities in capital market
- J.League’s top tier to restart on July 4
- ICPC recovers over N81bn assets in one year
- Borno govt discharges 135 COVID-19 patients
- Denmark to allow tourists from Norway, Germany, Iceland from June 15
- 8 men docked for alleged cheating, criminal breach of trust in Abuja
- Kano farmers hail FG’s agricultural transformation programme
- Nasarawa PDP to appeal judgment on annulment of its congresses
- NRFF hands out COVID-19 palliatives to rugby clubs in Lagos
- Lebanon’s COVID-19 infections rise to 1,172
- NGO donates food items to orphanages in Badagry
- ECTDA partners town planners for rapid infrastructural development in Enugu
- Pakistan to resume int’l flight operations
- Interstate Lockdown: FCTA arrests 74 violators, impounds 3 buses
- Tanzanian court finds opposition leader guilty of sedition, sets him free
- Spotlight: Palestinian farmers struggle to obtain irrigation water in West Bank amid Israeli measures, COVID-19
- APC lauds Gov. Abiodun’s achievements in Ogun
- San Francisco announces reopening plan amid coronavirus
- Hike in BRT fares unfair, commuters cry to LASG
- Environmentalist urges caution in disinfection of public places