The Police in Lagos on Thursday arraigned two men, Saidu Atiku; 34 and Sadiq Musa; 35, for allegedly stealing four car brain boxes valued at N300, 000 from a company.
Atiku, a security guard, and Musa, a food vendor, are facing a three-count charge of conspiracy and stealing before a Yaba Magistrates’ Court.
Musa pleaded guilty to stealing, but not conspiracy, while Atiku pleaded not guilty to the two-count charge.
The Prosecutor, Sgt. Modupe Olaluwoye, told the court that the defendants committed the offences with one other still at large on July 27 at 2:00 a.m. at Point Technology Ltd., No. 27, Awolowo Road., Ikeja.
Olaluwoye alleged that the defendants vandalised four cars and stole their brain boxes, belonging to Point Technology, where Atiku worked as a guard.
She said a vigilance group apprehended Musa and Atiku with three of the brain boxes, while the third accomplice escaped with one.
Olaluwoye said the brain boxes were removed from two Toyota Hiace busses and two Toyota Hilux trucks.
The prosecutor said the offences contravened Sections 411 and 287 of the Criminal Law of Lagos State, 2015 (Revised).
The Nigeria News Agency reports that Section 287 stipulates a three-year term for stealing, while Section 411 provides a two-year jail term for conspiracy.
The Chief Magistrate, Mrs Oluwatoyin Oghere, admitted the defendants to bail in the sum of N500, 000 each, with two sureties each in like sum.
She said that all the sureties must be gainfully employed with evidence of three years tax payments to the Lagos State Government.
The case was adjourned until Sept. 4, for mention and a review of facts and sentencing.
- Boxing: NIDCOM boss, Dabiri-Erewa applauds Joshua’s victory over Ruiz Jr.
- Christmas: We are capable of meeting demands- Nasarawa Rice Millers
- Cleric urges Christians to live exemplary lives
- Nutrition Survey will lead to improved quality healthcare – Experts
- RIFAN urges FG to sustain border closure
- Fireboy DML debuts best album to close 2019
- Style Review: the return of pleated skirts
- National Public Safety Security System: Police Affairs Ministry sets up committee for smooth take-off
- Expert urges FG to sensitise Nigerians on $29.96bn foreign loan
- ‘Muna’ suggests new career angle for Adesua Etomi-Wellington
- BASA will strengthen cultural ties, deepen unity amongst personnel – CAS
- Nigeria on cause to raise Olympic champions in gymnastic – Coach Asuquo
- FG to introduce new visa regime to boost economy
- Expo 2020 in Dubai: What Benefits to Africa?
- Boxing: I’m happy Joshua won back his respect, says Isaac Ikhouria
- Boxing: Joshua takes revenge on Ruiz in Saudi Arabia rematch
- Buhari salutes Anthony Joshua on comeback victory
- DSS says Sowore’s rearrest video, mischief, meant for propagandist purpose
- NGO wants HIV test as component of routine ante natal care
- FG assures qualified teachers of good welfare, incentives
- Buhari mourns Evangelist Reinhard Bonnke
- Salome Abuh, PDP woman leader burnt to death, buried amid tears
- NAN correspondent gets accolades for sponsoring soccer tournament
- ECOWAS Presidents to meet on single currency regime Dec. 21
- FGGC Yola old students seek unity among children
- FEATURE: Gender-Based Violence: Do men suffer same?
- Nasarawa grassroots sports: Ezhiba defeat Alashe in competition organised by NAN Correspondent
- SWOFON commends women farmers’ successes in spite of challenges
- New Ondo IPAC chairman promises to build trust among members
- Education remains potent weapon to reduce unemployment -Buhari
- LG poll: ADSIEC Chairman expresses concern over low turnout of voters
- Experts outline ways to fund Nigeria’s infrastructure deficit through capital market
- Minister tasks Nigerians on regular exercise for healthy living
- Nollywood: Audition for ‘A Call to Service’, pro-NYSC scheme movie debuts in FCT
- Tallen gives N250, 000 cash prize to best UniJos graduating female students, to support 200 indigent ones with N4m
- Christmas: Enugu residents opt for de-stoned local rice as price of imported variant soars
- Xmas : SWAN donates cloths, food, celebrates with orphans
- Fair approach to governance sure guarantee for democratic stability – Gov. Tambuwal
- Ex-Chief of Army staff urges women, girls to acquire skills
- 981 Kogi teachers write professional exam
- Lagos-Ibadan rail project: NASS Joint C’ttee inspects, expresses satisfaction
- Provost hails Buhari for support to Ebonyi Federal Agric College
- NAN Correspondent organises unity football competition to boost unity in Nasarawa state
- Buhari condoles with UAE president over brother’s death
- Nigeria retains 95,000 slots for pilgrims in 2020 hajj – NAHCON
- NGO treks 3km to create awareness against sexual violence, women trafficking
- Residents of Ajeromi-Ifelodun LGA commend Nigeria Navy, Pakistan Navy medical collaboration
- Ajanaku, a great politician, democrat – Buhari
- Ekiti LG poll witnesses low turnout
- Buratai inaugurates multi-million Naira projects in Depot, NMS