The police on Friday arraigned two teenager, Abdulmumini Kabiru and Abdullah Kulumisi in a Wuse Zone II Chief Magistrates’ Court for allegedly inflicting injuries on a businessman, Kabiru Isiya.
The police charged Kabiru and Kulumisi with Joint Act and causing hurt.
The Prosecutor, Mr Oyeyemi Adeyemi, told the court that the case was reported at the Wuse zone III Police Station in Feb. 25, by the complainant Kabiru Isiya who lives on Atakpeme street opposite Ademola Adetokunbo Wuse II, Abuja.
Adeyemi alleged that the defendants and three others at large, went to the complainant’s working place and attacked him with knives and cutlasses.
He said the offence contravened the provisions of section 75 and 242 of the Penal Code.
After the charge was read to them they pleaded not guilty.
Chief Magistrate Aishatu Auta, admitted the defendants to bail in the sum of N50, 000 each.
Auta ordered the defendants to produce one surety each who must reside in AMAC and produce appointment letters.
The magistrate said they should also swear affidavit of means and produce last letter of promotion.
She adjourned the case until April 4, for hearing.
ediited by Sadiya Hamza
- Jega says improving integrity of elections critical to democratic growth
- Border closure: entrepreneur commends FG, urges Nigerians to look inward
- Minister tasks women on nation building
- World Diabetes Day: Association urges mothers to prepare natural foods for families
- Turkey qualify for Euro 2020 with draw against Iceland, France also secure spot
- 2 injured in Tejuosho Lagos fire — LASEMA
- CPAN says 2019 UTME marred by biometric, browser failure
- Efficient deployment of resources critical to universal health coverage – Don
- Why LASU is introducing 2-stream undergraduate programmes — VC
- Fellow officer defiled my daughter in barracks, policewoman tells court
- UHC: NIPSS wants Buhari to convene National Council of State meeting
- NGO calls for synergy on diabetes awareness
- Red Cross trains 30 surgeons on management of weapon wounded patients
- NPFL: Rangers pips Sunshine Stars 1-0 in Enugu
- World Diabetes Day: NGO provides free medicare to Abuja residents
- Agency signs MoU with bank to create access for loan for health maintenance
- NACCIMA president charges FG, states to patronise Innoson motors
- Pantami directs NCC to address issues of automatic voicemails on existing phonelines
- FG open to willing foreign investors in agribusiness – Perm Sec
- 4,000 Primary Health Centres have been revitalised in Nigeria – NPHCDA