The police on Tuesday arraigned three men in a Kabusa Grade I Area court for allegedly belonging to a gamg of thieves.
The police charged Aliyu Jibrin , Bode Magaji, and Sani Audu, who resides in Mpape, with attempt to commit robbery.
The prosecutor, Mahmud Lawal, told the court the defendants committed the offence on Feb. 4, in Keffi Village, Kabusa.
Lawal informed the court that the three defendants were arrested by a surveillance patrol team of the village.
He informed the court that the defendants were then handed over to the police by the District Head of the village.
He alleged that the defendants entered the village at 2 a.m. with the intent to steal from the villagers.
The prosecution counsel also told the court that in the course of the police investigation, the defendants could not give satisfactory accounts of their movement.
Lawal said the offence contravened the provisions of Section 306 of the Penal Code law.
After the charges were read to them, the defendants pleaded not guilty.
The Defence Counsel, Nadiru Audu, prayed the court to admit his clients to bail in the most liberal terms.
The Judge, Aliyu Kagarko, admitted the defendants to bail in the sum of N300,000 each with one surety in like sum.
He ordered that the sureties must be responsible citizens who must reside within the court’s jurisdiction.
Kagarko then adjourned the case until July 1, for trial.
edited by Sadiya Hamza
- Eid-el-Maulud: MURIC urges youth to embrace FG’s SIP
- Verdict: Oyo APC lauds Appellate Court, urges calm
- Rotaract Club donates hospital items to Ojodu Lagos PHC
- Niger Govt. reinvigorates school sports to engage youths meaningfully
- Edo Govt. to provide 100,000 hectares of land for oil palm investors
- MSD campaign: Obiano warns immunisation workers against collection of tips
- 2019 AFRIFF: Tanzania Film Board woos Africa movie investors
- Igbo youths celebrate Mamman Daura at 80, felicitate with Muslims on Eid-el-Maulud
- 60% of drugs imported to be manufactured locally – NAFDAC
- Buhari greets ex-Anambra Gov. Virgy Etiaba at 77
- 2019 AFRIFF: Namibia Film Commission seeks collaboration with Nigerian filmmakers
- Delta guber: Appeal Court reserves judgment in Ogboru’ suit
- Court reserves judgment in appeal against Ihedioha’s election
- Edo Special Marshals strategise for optimal efficiency during Yuletide
- Lam Adesina: 120 students benefit N1.2m bursary award
- Imbibe spirit of love, patience, equity, lawmaker advises Muslims
- NAFDAC calls for stiffer punishment for drug traffickers
- Expert urges govt. to fund artificial intelligence research to boost ICT
- Appeal Court judgment: Oyo people’s mandate remains intact – Makinde
- NYSC DG expresses concern over dress code controversy