The police on Friday arraigned an applicant, Yusuf Babaringin, in an Ikeja Magistrates’ Court, Lagos for allegedly stealing a cell phone from a Mosque in the Departure Hall of the Murtala Muhammad International Airport (MMIA), Ikeja.
Babaringin, who resides in Block Q 9A, FAAN Quarters, Strabag, Ikeja, is charged with theft.
The Police Counsel, Prosecutor, Insp. Chekwube Okeh, told the court that Babaringin committed the offence on March 28 at 2 p.m. at the Mosque in MMIA.
He said the defendant entered the mosque and stole a Huawei phone valued at N65,000 from the complainant, Mr Rasheed Aliu who was taking a nap.
He said the offence contravened the provisions of Section 287 of the Criminal Law of Lagos State, 2015.
The News Agency of Nigeria reports that Section 287 prescribes a three-year jail term for stealing.
He pleaded not guilty to the charge.
The Magistrate, Mrs A.O Akinde, admitted the defendant to bail in the sum of N50,000 with one surety in like sum and adjourned the case until July 2.
- Ugandan Nakalembe wins opening round at Nigeria Ladies Open Golf Championship
- Imo NDLEA confirms arrest of alleged notorious drug dealer
- Multiple accident claims 13 lives on Lagos-Ibadan expressway
- APC NWC upholds suspension of Edo party’s chairman
- I will be most excited person if I win 2021 AFCON for Nigeria, Rohr says
- Don tasks FG on production of West Africa Dwarf goat
- Medical doctors urged to draw line between profession ethics and business
- Buhari meets Pearson Educational Group mgt. in London
- Chemical engineers call for policies to promote smart agricultural value chain
- Nigerians seek tougher actions against corruption
- Gov. Matawalle reassures Zamfara citizens of his commitment to security
- Kogi: FCT minister drums support for Bello
- Super Eagles ‘ll grow into AFCON qualifiers, says Akanni
- Obaseki has failed Edo people, says PDP
- Makinde appoints Ex-Rep. Ogunwuyi DG, Investments, PPP Agency
- ZMSG to resuscitate 5 abandoned ginneries—-Gov. Matawalle
- PDP rejects hate speech bill
- Businessman arraigned over alleged importation of 13 containers of substandard cables
- International GIS Day: Expert calls for GIS inculcation in STEM study
- FG, Harvestplus, task Nigerians on making nutrition daily business