The Police on Wednesday arraigned a 20-year-old man, Anuoluwapo Busuyi before an Ado-Ekiti Chief Magistrates’ Court over alleged attempted murder.
The defendant, who is of no fixed address is standing trial on a charge of attempted murder.
The prosecutor, Insp. Bankole Olasunkanmi, told the court that the defendant committed the offence on March 29 in Igede-Ekiti, Irepodun/Ifelodun local government area of Ekiti.
He alleged that the defendant attempted to murder one Ikutiminu Daniel.
He told the court that the defendant was filling the pot-hole in the community, while he asked for money from the complainant, an Okada rider, who told him that he had no money.
He said the argument led to a fight and the defendant allegedly smashed spade on the eyes of the complainant, which caused him to sustain serious injury.
Olasunkanmi said the offence contravened Section 320 of the Criminal Code, Laws of Ekiti State, 2012.
The prosecutor told the court that the duplicate case file has been sent to the office of Director of Public Prosecution (DPP) for legal advice.
The plea of the defendant was, however not taken.
The Chief Magistrate, Mr Abdulhamid Lawal, ordered that the defendant be kept in the police custody pending issuance of legal advice.
He adjourned the case until April 22 for mention.
Edited By: Remi Koleoso and Isaac Ukpoju
- Argentina sees record high COVID-19 cases amid economic uncertainty
- 90 illegal immigrants rescued off Libyan coast: IOM
- India’s total COVID-19 cases surpass 150,000-mark as death toll rises to 4,337
- Commercial motorcyclists tested for COVID-19 in Rwanda
- Japanese police arrest suspect 10 months after deadly arson attack on Kyoto anime studio
- Trump accuses Twitter of interfering in U.S. elections
- Nigeria records 276 new COVID-19 cases, total now 8,344
- India’s total COVID-19 cases surpass 150,000 mark as death toll rises to 4,337
- Angola’s central bank instructs major public bank to protect assets following fraud
- Tokyo stocks mixed in morning on economic revival hopes, profit-taking
- Internal border closures hurt Australian economy: PM
- G7 summit to be held in late June: White House
- Trump seeks full withdrawal from Afghanistan without setting date
- Sydney Film Festival launches online program
- Uganda approves return of citizens stranded abroad over COVID-19
- Kyoto animation studio arson suspect arrested on suspicion of murder
- COVID-19 cluster detected on Australian live animal export ship
- Suspect in deadly arson attack at Kyoto animation studio arrested
- Urgent: 5.0-magnitude quake hits 92km S of Ierapetra, Greece — USGS
- Foreign-owned firms support over 730,000 jobs in California