The police, on Friday, arraigned a 42-year-old man, Oladapo Femi, before an Ado-Ekiti Chief Magistrates’ Court for allegedly stealing a motorcycle.
The Prosecutor, Insp. Caleb Leramo, told the court that the defendant, of No. 24, Kajola Street, Ado-Ekiti, committed the offence on June 30, at about 7:00 pm. at No. 42, Stadium road in Ado-Ekiti.
He said that the defendant and others, now at large, stole one Bajaj motorcycle, with registration number: EPE: 824 QF, valued at N420,000, belonging to one Bamidele Bello.
Leramo said that the offence contravened Section 390(9) of the Criminal Code, Laws of Ekiti State, 2012.
The defendant, however, pleaded not guilty to the charge of stealing preferred against him.
The Chief Magistrate, Mr Abdulhamid Lawal, granted bail to the defendant in the sum of 250,000, with two sureties in like sum.
He, thereafter, adjourned the case till July 16, for hearing.
Edited By: Tayo Ikujuni and (NAN)
- Shooting prompts Trump’s evacuation from White House briefing room
- Collection of forms for 774,000 Special Public Works commences in Rivers
- Lawmaker commends Buhari, Diri over Oloibiri Museum, appeals for befitting access road
- Pay 4 years pension arrears, gratuities, pensioners beg Wike
- Police arrest 27 armed robbery, Kidnapping suspects in Nasarawa
- Wike seeks Assembly’s approval for N18bn loan
- COVID-19: FG directs civil servants on levels 12, 13 to resume work
- Obaseki seeks traditional ruler’s blessing ahead of Sept. 19 election
- Kano Govt establishes 3 more schools for Almajiri children
- United States decries Russia’s decree targeting VOA, others