The police on Thursday arraigned a 20-year-old man, Bashiru Saidu, who allegedly stole his employer’s motorcycle worth N160,000.
Saidu, who resides in Karmo village Abuja, is charged with theft.
The Prosecution Counsel, Ijeoma Ukagha, told the court that the complainant, Nafiu Ibrahim of Ereke Junction Karmo, reported the matter at the Karmo Police Station on Sept. 16.
Ukagha alleged that the complainant gave Saidu his Boxer motorcycle for commercial purpose,
She alleged that Saidu criminally stole the motorcycle.
The prosecutor further told the court that during police investigation Saidu confessed to the crime and all efforts to recover the motorcycle, failed.
She said that the offence contravened the provisions of Section 278 of the Penal Code.
The Judge, Alhaji Inuwa Maiwada, admitted the defendant to bail in the sum of N160, 000 with one surety in like sum.
Maiwada adjourned the case until Oct 16, for hearing.
edited by Sadiya Hamza
- Armed robbers attack The Nation, Liberty TV Correspondents in Nasarawa
- EU restrictions on Cambodian trade privileges come into effect
- New probable virus cases linked to New Zealand family
- Iraq cancels visit of Turkish minister, summons Turkish envoy over deadly airstrike
- Brazilian state seeking to make deal to produce Russia’s coronavirus vaccine locally
- Queen Elizabeth approves posthumous top WWII honour for Australian teenager
- Russia says allegations COVID-19 vaccine is unsafe are groundless- Ifax
- British economy plunges into recession after record second-quarter fall
- Election: Losers still learning to accept loss in Nigeria – Activist
- Australia’s coronavirus deaths hit record high