The police in Osun on Thursday arraigned one Omoniyi Adeagbo, 29, before an Ile-Ife Magistrates’ Court over alleged conspiracy and theft of two empty 50kg gas cylinders.
According to the prosecutor, Insp. Abdullahi Emmanuel, the defendant committed the offences on June 28 midnight on Abiri Ogudu Road, Ile-Ife.
Emmanuel said that the defendant conspired with others at large to commit the offences.
He said that the two empty 50kg gas cylinders worth N80,000 belonged to one Mr Aderinlewo Tunde.
Emmanuel said the offences contravened Sections 390(9) and 516 of the Criminal Code, Laws of Osun, 2002.
The defendant, however, pleaded not guilty to two-count charge.
Defence counsel, Mr K. S. Adegoke, applied for bail of the defendant in most liberal terms, promising that he would not jump bail.
Magistrate A. A. Ayeni granted bail to the defendant in the sum of N100,000 with one surety in like sum.
Ayeni directed that the surety must swear to affidavit of means and reside within the court jurisdiction.
He added that the surety must be a civil servant on salary Grade Level 08 and have his address verified.
The case was adjourned till July 28 for hearing.
Edited By: Razak Owolabi/Ijeoma Popoola (NAN)
- Lagos empowers 1,100 vulnerable women, indigent residents with work tools
- Access Bank rewards 9,000 for digital platforms transactions
- ILO, NECA collaborate to eliminate child Labour in Nigeria
- International Youth Day: Atiku tasks youth on fight against COVID-19
- New CIS president unveils next level agenda
- NYSC strengthens partnership with research institute
- INEC fixes all pending by-elections for Oct. 31
- Auno: Borno Govt resettles 560 displaced families
- OYSG approves promotion, gratuity for 97 civil servants dismissed in 2012
- Economic Sustainability Plan: Association urges FG to engage private sector