Akinola, who resides at Ipaja, Lagos, is charged with three counts of conspiracy, obtaining money under false pretences and theft.
He pleaded not guilty.
The prosecution counsel, ASP Ezekiel Ayorinde, told the court that the defendant and one other person, at large committed the offence in March at her residence.
Ayorinde alleged that the defendant obtained the money from the complainant, Mr Akin Augustine, under the pretence of assisting him to ”boost” his marketing business spiritually.
“After the defendant collected the money, she did nothing. And when the complainant requested for his money, she refused to give him.
”The complainant reported the case to the police and the defendant was arrested, ” the prosecutor said.
The offence, he said, contravened the provisions of sections 287, 314 and 411 of the Criminal Law of Lagos State, 2015.
Nigeria News Agency reports that section 287 stipulates three years imprisonment for stealing while section 314 prescribes 15 years for obtaining money under false pretences.
Magistrate B.O Osunsanmi, admitted the defendant to bail in the sum of N100,000 with two sureties in like sum.
Osunsanmi ordered that the sureties must be gainfully employed and show evidence of two years tax payment to the Lagos State Government.(LASG)
She adjourned the case until Oct. 28 for mention.
edited by Sadiya Hamza
- Nigerians seek tougher actions against corruption
- Gov. Matawalle reassures Zamfara citizens of his commitment to security
- Kogi: FCT minister drums support for Bello
- Super Eagles ‘ll grow into AFCON qualifiers, says Akanni
- Obaseki has failed Edo people, says PDP
- Makinde appoints Ex-Rep. Ogunwuyi DG, Investments, PPP Agency
- ZMSG to resuscitate 5 abandoned ginneries—-Gov. Matawalle
- PDP rejects hate speech bill
- Businessman arraigned over alleged importation of 13 containers of substandard cables
- International GIS Day: Expert calls for GIS inculcation in STEM study
- FG, Harvestplus, task Nigerians on making nutrition daily business
- Gov. Bello of Niger appoints SUBEB chairman, members
- Gov. Akeredu dissolves Task Force on Farmers Registration
- Israel, Germany to set up aging research centre
- Gov. Akeredolu appoints Atere as SSA on women affairs
- Retired Police Officers want 13 months pension released, special gratuity at 300% increase
- Gov. Bello appoints Abubakar as new MD of NIGROMA
- Reps. urge JAMB to extend compulsory use of NIN till 2021
- FEC ratifies bill for domestication of international convention against doping
- Reps. C’ttee frowns as NCS fails to appear on allegations of extra judicial killings