The Police Command in Osun on Friday, said it had arrested 13 persons suspected to be involved in violent crimes on major highways and towns in the state.
Police Spokesperson in the state, SP Folashade Odoro, made this known in a statement, and reassured residents of safety of their lives and property.
She said that the arrest of the suspects resulted from raiding of criminal hideouts and black spots along major highways and environs, and the unrelenting effort of security personnel in the state.
Odoro said that the measures were being taken to put an end to all forms of violent crimes and criminal activities across the state.
“The arrested suspects are presently undergoing investigation to ascertain their level of involvement relating to violent crimes on major highways and towns within the state.
“More so, in the interest of peace and tranquility, the command is using this medium to warn all rumour mongers against all acts of misinforming the public through social media platforms.
“This is done through circulating false rumours thus, creating wrong impression of insecurity and crisis in the state.
“The Commissioner of Police, Abiodun Ige, reiterates that the existing peace in the state, which is not negotiable, will be sustained as visibility policing is being intensified to forestall any break down of law and order,’’ she said.
Odoro advised the people of the state to go about their lawful businesses without fear of any intimidation.
She also urged the public to give prompt report of any suspicion “by calling the following numbers: , , or report to the nearest police station and other security agencies’’.
Edited by Ifeyinwa Okonkwo and Olisa Ifeajika
- Ugandan Nakalembe wins opening round at Nigeria Ladies Open Golf Championship
- Imo NDLEA confirms arrest of alleged notorious drug dealer
- Multiple accident claims 13 lives on Lagos-Ibadan expressway
- APC NWC upholds suspension of Edo party’s chairman
- I will be most excited person if I win 2021 AFCON for Nigeria, Rohr says
- Don tasks FG on production of West Africa Dwarf goat
- Medical doctors urged to draw line between profession ethics and business
- Buhari meets Pearson Educational Group mgt. in London
- Chemical engineers call for policies to promote smart agricultural value chain
- Nigerians seek tougher actions against corruption
- Gov. Matawalle reassures Zamfara citizens of his commitment to security
- Kogi: FCT minister drums support for Bello
- Super Eagles ‘ll grow into AFCON qualifiers, says Akanni
- Obaseki has failed Edo people, says PDP
- Makinde appoints Ex-Rep. Ogunwuyi DG, Investments, PPP Agency
- ZMSG to resuscitate 5 abandoned ginneries—-Gov. Matawalle
- PDP rejects hate speech bill
- Businessman arraigned over alleged importation of 13 containers of substandard cables
- International GIS Day: Expert calls for GIS inculcation in STEM study
- FG, Harvestplus, task Nigerians on making nutrition daily business