The Police Command in Nasarawa State says it has arrested 14 suspected kidnappers terrorising parts of the state.
The state Commissioner of Police, Bola Longe, stated this while parading the suspects at the command’s headquarters on Monday in Lafia.
Longe explained that the suspects were arrested during a raid on their hideout at Mararaban-Udege, Toto Local Government Area of the state at the weekend.
According to him, some of the victims from the area had identified some of the suspects during their abduction.
The commissioner said investigation was on to ascertain their level of involvement and other accomplices.
He said the police was battle ready and committed to rid the state of all criminal elements, especially kidnappers and armed robbers.
Longe warned those with criminal tendencies to desist from the act or be ready to face the wrath of the law as the police would be coming for them.
The commissioner assured law abiding citizens of the state of their safety as they go about their lawful businesses.
“We need the cooperation of the public in terms of vital information in order to ensure effective policing,” he said.
- TY Danjuma Foundation marks 10 years of philanthropy, promises more on healthcare
- Sudan inaugurates first childhood diabetes centre on World Diabetes Day
- Aisha Buhari inaugurates Kogi Presidential Lodge
- NNPC secures $1.16m US grant for 1,350MW Abuja Power Plant
- Airtel Africa set to expand Nigerian market with additional spectrum
- Group recommends procedures to enhance credibility of LG polls
- Kogi Election: Foundation cautions politicians against violence, malpractices
- Russia will recognise legitimate authorities in Bolivia only after elections – Zakharova
- Accident bureau releases preliminary reports on Air Peace incidents
- NSE market capitalisation inches N245bn, as fixed income instrument yields decline
- Kebbi Govt to disburse N1.5bn loan to livestock farmers
- FG says other options available for social media regulation
- Why we decided to work in harmony with Executive-Lawan
- Buhari writes Scientific Magazine, says planting trees solution to conflicts
- Gov. Ugwuanyi pledges support for indigenous companies to grow
- Kogi poll: Coalition calls for level playing ground for all candidates
- U.S. wants coalition to focus on foreign IS fighters, Africa
- Ember Months: FRSC decry high rate of accidents in Nasarawa
- Yuletide: FRSC harps on safe-driving culture to ensure zero crash, zero fatality
- I told Trump Turkey can’t scrap Russian S-400 system – Erdogan