The Police Command in Katsina State says it has arrested two suspects- Emmanuel Obi, 28 and Nura Halilu, 38, in connection with over 679 bottles of cough syrup, codeine and 2,000 sachets of Tramadol.
Isah said that the suspects were arrested at Filin Canada, Katsina metropolis, at about 2 a.m. on Wednesday based on a tip-off.
He said that they were arrested with 99 bottles of cough syrup and codeine.
“Later, in the course of investigation, 679 bottles of cough syrup, codeine and 2,000 tablets of Tramadol were recovered at their houses,”he said.
He noted that the codeine and the Tramadol were valued at over N2 million.
Isah said that the suspects had been conducting their illegal business in Katsina metropolis and its environs over a period of time.
He said that investigations were ongoing to arrest other members of the group, after which they would be prosecuted.
Watch Live News
- LASEMA calls for integrity test, as building collapses in Lagos
- NNPC to hands off refineries after rehabilitation –Kyari
- Buratai visits troops’ locations in NE
- Greece cracks down on domestic travel, steps up police enforcement
- COVID-19: Gov. Yahaya lauds Gombe youths for producing ventilator
- UN chief defends WHO after criticism from Trump, says probe possible
- COVID-19: DisCos support move to give 2 months free electricity to consumers
- COVID-19: NCDC pledges further technical assistance to Enugu
- Serbian president’s son hospitalised after catching coronavirus
- Real Madrid players agree to 10 to 20 percent wage cut